Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hm... I think the best course of action when I get my new 360 to swap with is to open both cases, swap the metal casing (with everything in it, obviously) and flash the new drive while I'm at it. I think it would be easier to do this than to carefully remove the serial number in the back because I REALLY doubt that they WalMart employee will remove the faceplate to check the warranty sticker, so I can probably just tear it out without having to worry about removing it carefully or anything. The warranty sticker on my 360 is already removed, so it will make things a lot quicker.

Quick question: Where is the manufacturing date located on the box?

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
You know what these bans might be a blessing. Your forced to get a new 360 for cheap, if it gets banned again a year later, get new revision 360.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Hm... I think the best course of action when I get my new 360 to swap with is to open both cases, swap the metal casing (with everything in it, obviously) and flash the new drive while I'm at it. I think it would be easier to do this than to carefully remove the serial number in the back because I REALLY doubt that they WalMart employee will remove the faceplate to check the warranty sticker, so I can probably just tear it out without having to worry about removing it carefully or anything. The warranty sticker on my 360 is already removed, so it will make things a lot quicker.

Quick question: Where is the manufacturing date located on the box?

its right on the back above the power port, n they dont even check that code, i bought a broken rrod box n bought a new one at kmart, n just returned the broken one no problem haha

shadowwolf1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8561 said:
Out of curiousity i was wondering. Has anybody here been banned with the new latest firmware 1.61 ixtreme.
ph34r.gif

I haven't, been playin MW2 all day!! hehe ;P

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xbox.com repair gives me a 54420 error so looks like its banned. I havent gone on online and unplugged my network cable, looks like i got it done right on time. Is there a guide to installing hacked DLC? Now with no live, i want to fill up the 60 gig with all the hacked RB DLC.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QuantumFluxx said:
FireEmblemGuy said:
QUOTE said:
To see if your console is banned without logging on:

1. Register (if it is not already) console on Xbox.com
2. Click "Request a Repair" button
3. Check the returned URL. If it contains "Errors.aspx?id=54420" console is banned, or flagged for a ban.

Important: If you check the status from a portal of Xbox.com outside of the US portal, you will likely get no errors. This is NOT an accurate test, the Xbox Live servers are BASED in the USA. It only makes sense that they will have the up to date info, while the affiliate websites with little polish and care just arbitrarily let you in.

Sorry, that's just a general out-of-warranty-Xbox-we-refuse-to-fix error page. I've been getting that since I tried sending in a box with the RRoD error that didn't have a warranty sticker, and when I tried again months later that part of the URL came up, according to my browser's history. The console wasn't flashed when I tried that, and after I got it repaired elsewhere I played online just fine until it broke again three days later. That page turning up by no means specifies a ban. Find a new method.

Why then does my launch legit unit with a long expired warranty still take me to the next page? Warranty status doesn't dictate whether you can get it repaired whatsoever. Getting to the page you will see a price on how much they will charge for the repair. A modded console they don't want to have anything to do with, THATS why the error is there. I'm sorry but this method is sound.

I said a console beyond warranty that they'll simply refuse to repair for some rason, likely tampering of any form - in this case I sent them an unmodded Xbox without a warranty sticker. This brought up flags that the insides had been tampered with inside, and stopped them from repairing it. While this told them not to accept repairs on this console- which will lead to the above error URL- it does not mean they ban you from LIVE; thus, this error code is not exclusive to flashed consoles, only systems that have raised warnings on their end as somehow being tampered with. You can easily test this with the same results if you have an old unflashed 360 lying around. I'm not saying that this entirely rules out these errors being related to bans, but it's very inaccurate for anyone who bought their console as 'refurbished' (even through reputable dealers most of these have been repaired by a third party and had the sticker removed), among other groups.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^question

My console is still in warrenty, and im getting 54420

So in theory im banned.

I honestly wouldn't want to waste my 120GB HDD.

I mean just want to clear something up, i couldn't get a clear answer.

IF im banned, and i recieved that message from microsoft informing me that im banned, does that render my HDD useless? Basically, if i play new games, and save, will my save file ALWAYS corrupt hence i can't really actually play games ?

I can live without live, but is the 55420 error accurate ?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
IF im banned, and i recieved that message from microsoft informing me that im banned, does that render my HDD useless? Basically, if i play new games, and save, will my save file ALWAYS corrupt hence i can't really actually play games ?
the saves will corrupt if you try to move them to a different system
they will still be playable but offline only on the banned 360

you cannot save games to the HDD anymore or load games that were already on there
they will just refuse to load

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to bother you again, and thanks for the answer, but what about game achievements, will they still be there i suppose, the ones i have and the ones i may get ?

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireEmblemGuy said:
I said a console beyond warranty that they'll simply refuse to repair for some rason, likely tampering of any form - in this case I sent them an unmodded Xbox without a warranty sticker. This brought up flags that the insides had been tampered with inside, and stopped them from repairing it. While this told them not to accept repairs on this console- which will lead to the above error URL- it does not mean they ban you from LIVE; thus, this error code is not exclusive to flashed consoles, only systems that have raised warnings on their end as somehow being tampered with. You can easily test this with the same results if you have an old unflashed 360 lying around. I'm not saying that this entirely rules out these errors being related to bans, but it's very inaccurate for anyone who bought their console as 'refurbished' (even through reputable dealers most of these have been repaired by a third party and had the sticker removed), among other groups.

I get what you're saying. True, a 54420 error could simply mean that the console is suspected of tampering and they won't repair it. That could be a flashed 360, or it could be one that your little brother took the faceplate off, decided to play with the sticker and removed it, and then when the console RRoD'd, you sent it in for repair. But honestly those odds are a bit sketchy at best. Your theory that someone would buy a refurbished console that was repaired by a third party repair entity, and the sticker was thusly removed for whatever reason and then sold in a store, still doesn't quite add up. Because if the broken 360 went through a 3rd party entity, then MS still shouldn't know that its been tampered with, unless YOU send it to them. I'm still going to generalize that the odds of this happening are still a bit low in terms of the number of 360's out there in the wild.

But then lets look at it from the other perspective of people who -know- that they modified their firmware because they either did it themselves, had it done for them, or picked up a premod somewhere. These people would know that their console is tampered with. But how would Microsoft if you haven't sent it in to them? If they give you the tampered code without your xbox having physically been in Microsoft's hands, then I would think, you'd be safe to assume they know you modded your console, and a ban is coming. They'd have no reason to give you the tampered error, if they didn't -know- that it was tampered with.

So I'm still going to say that for the majority of us users who have modded 360's, this is still the most viable and accurate method available to determine if you're banned or not. Sure maybe 10% of all pirates have sent their Xbox's to MS with no sticker and got flagged that way, but I think it's safe to say that if we have a modded Xbox, we get that error and they haven't physically seen our xbox, then theres only ONE thing that they could suspect you of. And its what you -know- your guilty of. 2+2=ban.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will never be able to get any achievements on the banned 360
well you will but your online profile will never update with the new gamerscore since you cant go online and if you attempt to move the account it will just corrupt causing you to recover the GT which would lose every achievement received since the 360 was banned

all current ones will remain from the last time you were online (pre-ban)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
you will never be able to get any achievements on the banned 360
well you will but your online profile will never update with the new gamerscore since you cant go online and if you attempt to move the account it will just corrupt causing you to recover the GT which would lose every achievement received since the 360 was banned

all current ones will remain from the last time you were online (pre-ban)

I appreciate it, thanks.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:

you cannot save games to the HDD anymore or load games that were already on there

It seems I can play games from my HDD just fine... I'm not sure what you're referring to. Or maybe they can't do that in every country because of the law.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strider said:
Joe88 said:

It seems I can play games from my HDD just fine... I'm not sure what you're referring to. Or maybe they can't do that in every country because of the law.

People are still confused about this.

If your console is banned you cannot:
take your profile or saved games to another console
install or play installed games off the hard drive
connect to live

If your console is banned you CAN:
Play burned games
Save and load games

It doesn't matter the country, if your banned, Microsoft seperates that console from the XBL community by locking all saves made on it to the unit itself, as well as any gamertag loaded on it instantly locked to the console to prevent earning achievements from illigitimate games.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QuantumFluxx said:
People are still confused about this.

If your console is banned you cannot:
take your profile or saved games to another console (check, might be, I don't care)
install or play installed games off the hard drive (Nope, I can play. Install, I don't know)
connect to live (check)

If your console is banned you CAN:
Play burned games (check)
Save and load games (check care)

It doesn't matter the country, if your banned, Microsoft seperates that console from the XBL community by locking all saves made on it to the unit itself, as well as any gamertag loaded on it instantly locked to the console to prevent earning achievements from illigitimate games.

I'm not confused. I can definitely play games off my hard drive (e.g. Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex), which I bought before the ban. Maybe you're referring to installing games from DVD and playing those from harddisk, but I don't see the necessity (if you can't install then just play off the DVD?!).

(Edit:sp)

The law reference referred to me buying something off XBOX Arcade. I don't think MS can legally stop me from playing what I've bought in my country. They are allowed to kick me off Live, though.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strider said:
I'm not confused. I can definitely play games off my hard drive (e.g. Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex), which I bought before the ban. Maybe you're referring to installing games from DVD and playing those from harddisk, but I don't see the necessity (if you can't install then just play off the DVD?!).

(Edit:sp)

The law reference referred to me buying something off XBOX Arcade. I don't think MS can legally stop me from playing what I've bought in my country. They are allowed to kick me off Live, though.

I was indeed referring to playing full games from the hard drive, not arcade titles. You ask why someone would want to play from the hard drive your answer is:
Better load times
Much quieter xbox
less heat generated inside the unit (aka helping to avoid overheat/RRoD)
keeping your 360 disc drive in good shape (its well known reading burned games stresses the laser more than a legit game, causing premature DRE's and failure of the drive over time at an accelerated rate than normal)

So yeah, installing 360 games is kind of a big thing, not being able to do so hurts in numerous ways.

mr.nintendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks fat 6191 you cleared up most of my questions
but
if i updated my xbox 360 firmware to 1.6 to play wavw 4 games will i be able to play my old wave 3 games
can 1.6 update be downloaded to my computer then burned to disc then placed in 360 then update my 360 or can it be not

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a banned xbox, could you play wave 4 games on 1.6? in fact, could you play the newest games on old firmwares?

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ixtreme firmware updates just made so that you could play new games without getting banned? Or is it because the newest games just wont play on old firmwares?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...