Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Well I just got banned. Oh well, looks like I'll invest in an arcade console. I can put my HDD in that console right?

Yup, thats what I did when my elite got banned last year. But people are saying now that getting banned corrupts your profiles and saves. I don't know if that's true or not but mine worked just fine.
People seem to be confusing this. Your saves and installed games get corrupt on other 360s when you get a profile ban, not a console ban.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
People seem to be confusing this. Your saves and installed games get corrupt on other 360s when you get a profile ban, not a console ban.

Thanks for clearing that up
smile.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
754boy said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Well I just got banned. Oh well, looks like I'll invest in an arcade console. I can put my HDD in that console right?

Yup, thats what I did when my elite got banned last year. But people are saying now that getting banned corrupts your profiles and saves. I don't know if that's true or not but mine worked just fine.
Thats good then. I'll probably be able to pick up a new 360 off of ebay later this month or next month so it won't be long. PS3 comes next week along with my MW2 so its all good.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
Just got console banned this morning. I have a question, can i now play games before release dates since they already banned me? Can the ban my tag after my console is banned?
once you logged into that banned xbox with the GT
it will show corrupted on every other 360 you try to move it too

so it doesnt matter

you have to recover it on a non-banned 360
you will lose all the achievements and everything you earned since the last time you logged into live

any save games you load and save will get corrupted also and will get locked to that xbox only

so dont play them if you value some of yours saves

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, the weirdest thing just happened.

I get home from school, start up my modded 360, and boot Call of Duty 4(I bought this).
As soon as I start it, it says I was disconnected from Live, I try to connect back, and it says I was banned. I return to the dashboard, and I suddenly connect back to Xbox Live?
So, instead of CoD 4, I go to CoD WaW (Burned). I play online for a bit. And I return to dashboard, and I get disconnected from Live. It says I got banned.
And now every time I try to connect to live, it fails, because I'm banned.
sleep.gif

But my question is:
Why did I get banned, and then unbanned, the first time?
Heh, weird.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shad0wninja said:
Okay, the weirdest thing just happened.

I get home from school, start up my modded 360, and boot Call of Duty 4(I bought this).
As soon as I start it, it says I was disconnected from Live, I try to connect back, and it says I was banned. I return to the dashboard, and I suddenly connect back to Xbox Live?
So, instead of CoD 4, I go to CoD WaW (Burned). I play online for a bit. And I return to dashboard, and I get disconnected from Live. It says I got banned.
And now every time I try to connect to live, it fails, because I'm banned.
sleep.gif

But my question is:
Why did I get banned, and then unbanned, the first time?
Heh, weird.
Wow that is weird.... prolly because you were signed in at the time of banning.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
A question. If I get achievements offline, do they save to the harddrive? I plan on getting another 360 and attach my hdd to that one. I just need this question answered before I start playing some rpgs.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodgod said:
any news on AGBX 360? I'm waiting for the new ver to come out so I can verify GTA on it.

*Still not banned*

I have the same question..when I went into the abgx chat room and asked the same question, they basically laughed and said to ask God when..so what gives, is the thing coming out or not. I have been waiting for weeks for them to release it. I have also not updated my firmware since I was told that 1.61 isnt even official..I am on 1.51, BenQ drive, not banned..never play online against anyone, heck my xbox silver account doesnt even have a profile, basically I dont exist LOL..I think its better that way. I Never got into the whole playing against total strangers online thing

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
screw it. I don't really care if I get banned. my PS3 has me covered.

New question. The current scene release of GTA episodes from liberty city by MARVEL will boot up on 1.6 with out modifications right? cause I'm gonna upgrade my firmware right now since I'm installing Win7 on the comp next to that.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My little brother was playing Halo online earlier (legit, we never bothered with the 360 piracy thing) and there's a message in the lobby along the lines of

'Banhammer. Anyone using hacks or exploits will be banned. We know who you are.'

Has that always been there or is that because of this new ban wave?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
A question. If I get achievements offline, do they save to the harddrive? I plan on getting another 360 and attach my hdd to that one. I just need this question answered before I start playing some rpgs.
if the system is banned already then no matter what you will never get the achievements earned while playing on that system

your profile will just show up corrupted on every system but the banned one
you have to recover it but and all the achievements earned will not count

it will just restore whatever was there the last time you were on live

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a local video store is selling moded xboxes for 140 bucks with 3 copies and a wired pad, he guarantees the xbox against bans and if the console is banned he will replace it for free. I found it an odd sales pitch so i asked him what gives and he said that certified refurb shops get some software to conect the console and unban them after they are cleaned and tested so they can be resold. He woudnt say who he takes the consoles to be refurbuished to because i think they are underhanding the process(aka unbaning as if the console was taken in for refurb to be resold in that shop) Ive noticed gamestop has no problems with used consoles being banned even tho most handed in consoles are actualy banned ones. so im guessing its some sort of M$ ban number removal thing once the console is confirmed to be refurbished?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
triassic911 said:
if the system is banned already then no matter what you will never get the achievements earned while playing on that system

My profile is not banned though, it is the console. My saves are intact. I just want to do some offline gaming with some rpgs but will not do so if the achievements only record while on live.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Wait, what's this about iXtreme 1.61 not being official? Because I just finished updating my BenQ to 1.61...

Just finished flashing to 1.61. Everything still works. in process of burning GTA. As for 1.61 not being official... I think if that was true we'd have a separate topic about that on this forum by now

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this seems to be the right place to ask..I will ask it here

Ok I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times, but I just need to have a few answers regarding abgx 1.0.1..I know that software can only read wave 3 games right now and who knows when they will release their new version that reads Wave 4 games..but I see on their site they have some verified wave 4 games so whats the point of having those games verified if we cant even play them.
The reason why I'm asking is because I have a BenQ drive with firmware 1.51. I want to upgrade to 1.61 but I want the wave 4 games to verify before I take it to the guy that flashes it for me(That way I know when he is done that the game works so that I dont have to make another trip to him if it does not work.
I NEVER play games til they are verified and officially released. I don't have an xbox live gold account, just a silver account, I Never play games online either, so I guess in the xbox world, I don't exist(Which is probably a good thing, I dont get banned!) when I for instance, ran Tekken 6 through abgx, it did verify, but I did see some messages in yellow(I guess those have to do with wave 4) but the game did verify..can I just burn the game or at the end, should I just wait for abgx to come out with their new software.could take weeks, could take months..Thanks really appreciate it

Posts merged

Bloodgod said:
War said:
Wait, what's this about iXtreme 1.61 not being official? Because I just finished updating my BenQ to 1.61...

Just finished flashing to 1.61. Everything still works. in process of burning GTA. As for 1.61 not being official... I think if that was true we'd have a separate topic about that on this forum by now

Someone told me on another message board that 1.61 is just a quick fix and that 1.7 will be out in order to fix the issues 1.61 is having so I really dont know what to believe. I pay someone to flash the xbox for me so I dont know if I should wait or not

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Joe88 said:
triassic911 said:

My profile is not banned though, it is the console. My saves are intact. I just want to do some offline gaming with some rpgs but will not do so if the achievements only record while on live.
I was talking about a system ban

once the 360 is banned, any gamertag logged in on it will corrupt if you try to move it back, so you have to recover it
so you cant earn any achievements

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dang a lot of people got banned, won't be long for me too then.
Since I got my DS and PSP stolen, I'm still working to buy replacements and if my 360 gets banned then it'll take a while before I can afford it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries