Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice to just get a good RTS in general though i don't see this coming to our beloved little machine. I will just keep hoping for starcraft to come to the DS though.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After playing Settlers & then deleting it shortly after, because of how lame it was. I thought it would have been so much nicer if a scaled down Warcraft II was released instead. But that would require Blizzerd to start making games for the DS, & I don’t see that happening any time soon. On the bright side they did announce Starcraft II after 10 years of long anticipation. So maybe this means there getting off their MMORPG asses & doing something new, & maybe someday something for the DS, like a scaled down Starcraft II. Then again there’s always homebrew & Warcraft towers.
biggrin.gif

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't really think the fast-paced RTS games like Starcraft would work on the DS, simply because you can't macro/micro as you would on a keyboard.

Though they'd probably just turn it into something turn-based like AoE.. :/

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really think the fast-paced RTS games like Starcraft would work on the DS, simply because you can't macro/micro as you would on a keyboard.

It would work without the macros, it would just be a different type of game. It's a level playing field.

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
imagine if they could port World of Warcraft, and you can play free online! Wow I would shit my pants, too bad it wont ever happen.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
when new update for my G6 came, i was wow now i can play simcity ds finally, and guess what, it was shit, it was no where near its old pc version.
just like theme park ds, do u remember pc's theme park? the one bullfrog made, before mother f***ing EA bought the company, wow, do u remember dunegon keeper 2? shit.

i dont think its easy (like making platform games) to make strategy games on ds and companies should understand that stylus is not just like mouse pointer.

but blizzard is not one of those companies but i think they have no intrest in ds.

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Warfare Incorporated is a RTS C & C clone for the Palm & PPC & one of the best games ever to hit any PDA. RTS games work great with a stylus, so long as they don’t just do a strait port but make the game for the system. A Warcraft II or Starcraft made to take advantage of the DS would rock!

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Two years ago, Blizzard asked in a newsletter if gamers were interested in a Diablo II port on DS and PSP;
and also if DS gamers were interested in a Starcraft port!!!

Nothing official since then though
frown.gif

I don't know if Blizzard has ever developped on a Nintendo platform... Apart from Starcraft on N64!!!

So porting a 64 game to DS.. hm? hm? sounds possible!! Surfing on the hype of the Starcraft II release I bet it would sell like crazy!

Well just a thought
happy.gif

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that settlers could have been better but it's not a bad game for a ten yr old piece of software, it's aged well. AoE I thought was abysmal and I wasn't impressed by simcity DS either. However, games like this can work well on DS, as Anno1701 showed, which I think was great. I would enjoy command and conquer ported for old times sake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1