Gaming Wanting to upgrade hard drive in laptop

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a laptop with a 320gb hard drive. It is a toshiba what i was curious was is there are hard drives on newegg and they are 2.5 inches and i don't know if they will fit my laptop. I checked the documentation that came with my computer and that was no help at all. I want a bigger hard drive because i am running out of space rather quickly.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
AFAIK, PS3 is the only device in which the HDD has to be less than 9.5mm thick. Any 2.5" HDD should work fine inside your laptop. The only thing you to check is if it uses SATA or IDE.

EDIT: When dealing with the old HDD... you can never have too many external HDDs.

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your current hard drive is SATA, rather than the older IDE type connection.
As long as the new drive is SATA, it should fit. I have swapped countless laptop hard drives.
sata-ide-laptop-hard-drive.jpg

As you mentioned running out of space, I would suggest you turn your old laptop drive into an external. (External housings are cheap)
Hope that helps.

EDIT: I've got to work on my typing speed lol

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i have 2 external hdds already and i should have mentioned that i knew it was sata. The 2 externals are for one my wii and the other backup and that is out of space already also but i probably will do that and turn it into another external.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative