Hacking Want desparately to test comex's SSBB exploit

mikedx42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!! I am wondering if anyone has access to the code for comex's Smash Brothers Brawl Stage Select exploit, even though it's in Beta.

My Wii is 4.0U virgin and is in a terrible state - I have a corrupted Channel that I need anytitledeleter/etc to fix. I do not have HBC but my Wii is modded.

The catch is I cannot access any homebrew AND I can't use the bannerbomb since the corrupt data makes my Wii freeze at the channel menu.

I need SOSOSOSO desparately comex's exploit. My "system memory is corrupted" about 3 out of 5 times I reboot it.

Any help or nudges would be infinitely appreciated!!

Thanks all! PS First time poster, long time lurker - love this forum!

mikedx42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha, yes
frown.gif
But for a good cause. Anyway, I'll retreat to lurking now.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well first of all if it's in beta it probably still has bugs, and could damage your Wii (If that's even possible any more), second if anyone gave it to you, they'd have to come in contact with Comex, and he has probably banned anyone from leaking his hack. So if you got hold of it anyhow you would probably get completely flamed, or something much, much worse... Just try the Galaxii overflow or something that's probably better.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikedx42 said:
I do not have HBC but my Wii is modded.

Your Wii has a modchip? If so, I believe you can download the HBC ISO image and run it off that... assuming you can run games.

If you can't run games then how do you expect to run the SSBB exploit (as it requires SSBB to run to take advantage of the exploit)...

If your Wii is soft-modded, why do you know NOT have HBC? (or why would you un-install HBC?)

mikedx42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Wii is chipped. Launch day Wii with Yowii-chip, for what it's worth.

Wii can run games, and has never has HBC installed. The Wii just locks up most of the time going into the Wii Menu (System files are corrupted), but works if I keep resetting it (wtf?). Obviously my NAND flash is scrwed up, "Format System Memory" just runs forever and doesn't fix the problem.

Good news is I have Auto-boot on the modchip. None of the unbricker discs or the fish disc have worked with 4.0 and I thought trucha stuff was broken as well - but I'm looking into HBC ISOs that will work.

Thanks for the tip!

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An older version of the HBC ISO (beta 8) is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/120411487/the_...-iso-USA.tar.gz

If it works then you should be able to use the Hackmii Installer to update to the latest version of the Homebrew Channel.

But I think you might be SOL, as you mentioned trucha stuff is broken in 4.0. Still worth a shot though, the HBC ISO is only 8mb so it's not like it's a big download.

Edit: Hmmmm again I think you might be SOL, I just remembered reading somewhere that the latest HBC Installer uses a new exploit to install HBC, cause the exploit that the old installers used before 4.0 was patched. So I don't think the HBC ISO will work. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it, just putting my thoughts out there.
smile.gif

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jeomite and Dteyn, modchips do not work around the Wii's signing restrictions - hence, a 4.0U Wii with no patched IOSes is going to have the trucha/fakesigning bug fixed. No homebrew or modified discs of any kind will work, and I'm pretty sure the available version of the pinkfish disc is specifically blocked too.

With a modchip supporting autobooting, any Nintendo-signed disc can be patched to autoboot and will be started at boot (in mikedx42's case, before the system menu craps out). That doesn't require fakesigning, it's a one-bit patch in the disc header IIRC and it works on all system menu versions.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
III, that's what I kinda figured. I realized that after I'd made the post suggesting the HBC ISO.

Sorry mikedx42, I think you're screwed, at least until some other exploit comes out.

mikedx42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all; I will confess I didn't have high hopes for the HBC disc but I tried your link Dteyn. No dice, "error has occurred" once disc was recognized.

I think I really *DO* have to wait for this SSBB or other game-related hack, bannerbomb just won't work with my corrupted channel.

I only ever played and shared disc games and bought all the VC legit - never interested in HB and felt bad enough using backups of the disc games
biggrin.gif

This made me think I didn't have to listen to everyone who warned "don't update with Nintendo!" Now 4.0U (or something) messed up a channel in the NAND(I think Internet Channel, 222 blocks of ??? that couldn't be deleted) and I'm really stuck.

Oh well - just wanted to throw this up here and make sure I wasn't missing a way out. C'mon comex, you are the BEST! Thanks every who replied

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously that version of the HBC installer wouldn't work since beta 8 only installed onl 3.4 or lower. Have you tried running an autoboot Wad Manager disc to uninstall the channel with?

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you should give the maintainence mode a chance, hold PLUS and MINUS at the healthwarning and then press A this disables all personal stuff and maybe those are corrupted.

mikedx42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf: I have tried these things, all trucha-signed discs are busted in 4.0U if my understanding is correct. IE, any disc that loads something besides a "legit" Wii game

SanGor: Maintenance mode, sadly, doesn't help. It spares me the file corrupted message but Format and Channels still don't work.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, though! Please keep them coming!

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
pm_41 what the hell is with your signature r u totally retarded or do you work for microshaft..
If he would do the later he would need to be the first. So I guess he's both.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mikedx2, I guess my last suggestion (barring waiting for a new exploit) would be to remove the modchip and send it back to Nintendo for repair. After all, if you didn't modify the internal software at all, it's their fault that it got screwed up. Maybe they'll fix it for you and leave a new version of the pinkfish disc in as a bonus.... lol okay probably not, I'm guessing their procedures are a bit more airtight since the first pinkfish leak.

And I agree, pm_41 you're a little out to lunch.
wink.gif

lecture.gif

Chuck Norris uses Opera. I hope you're not doing anything for the next few weeks, pm_41. You're about to get a roundhouse kick to the face.

blink.gif

the game?

nyanya.gif

mikedx42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn:

Thanks for the support - I agree with you. I've e-mailed and they said it was a "known" issue with 4.0 (??) and I said I did a laser replacement on my own (nudge nudge) so it was out of warranty.

$75!!! Yeesh.

I guess since I can autoboot for now,play Punch Out!, and be happy, I will wait - but I learned an important lesson in all this: INSTALL HBC!!!

Thanks for the support all, esp. Dteyn!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)