Hacking Waninkoko's on fire !!!! Cios Rev20 Coming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
GHBAimen said:
Slimmmmmm said:
The IOS reload blocking is epic, but people shouldn't expect it working as it should for a long time imho, if it ever does work 100% then WOW.

Maybe sounds dumb but what does the IOS reload blocking do?
USB and backup loading works via hacks in the IOS (like a mini Windows for the Wii, for programs to run on).
IOS reloading flushes those hacks out, stopping the game.
reload blocking = games like Metroid Prime Trilogy can use their menus again.

Also, IMO, we should have the last used cIOS stored in slot 248 also, for compatability reasons.
If you upgrade to cIOSx rev 19 and want the advantages but miss Triiforce, you could use slot 248 (which would have your old cIOS which would have been Rev 14 probably) for Triiforce, and keep using the up to date cIOS.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
WiiPower said:
harmor said:
[...]Perhaps the developers of TriiForce need to update their software to work with rev18+

From what it looks like, the TriiForce code doesn't need an update.
Well... Since rev18, FFS plugin can be switched between full and partial NAND emulation. Unfortunately, Triiforce mrc has to be modified because I need to use full NAND emulation, this is the only way to load images using the ISFS commands.
Also, original Triiforce may need a small modification: just comment the SetUID function while generating the ticket. It gave problems to me and Waninkoko yesterday, but maybe he already fixed it.

I'm testing Triiforce with rev20 now. It still has some bugs (but it works nice!), I hope Waninkoko waits before releasing it!
Cubello loads/saves faster than ever (no more 20 seconds waiting for booting)!

Thanks for the info thats great news! Curious, did you test wifi out, is it confirmed working with rev20?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
marc_max said:
WiiPower said:
harmor said:
[...]Perhaps the developers of TriiForce need to update their software to work with rev18+

From what it looks like, the TriiForce code doesn't need an update.
Well... Since rev18, FFS plugin can be switched between full and partial NAND emulation. Unfortunately, Triiforce mrc has to be modified because I need to use full NAND emulation, this is the only way to load images using the ISFS commands.
Also, original Triiforce may need a small modification: just comment the SetUID function while generating the ticket. It gave problems to me and Waninkoko yesterday, but maybe he already fixed it.

I'm testing Triiforce with rev20 now. It still has some bugs (but it works nice!), I hope Waninkoko waits before releasing it!
Cubello loads/saves faster than ever (no more 20 seconds waiting for booting)!

Thanks for the info thats great news! Curious, did you test wifi out, is it confirmed working with rev20?
I haven't tested it yet.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks wanin... sounds like great things to come!
grog.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
My Wishlist:

-Allow the Installer to install 250 with a different Base (I'm just too lazy to use BlueDump
tongue.gif
).
-FRAG-Support from oggzee (already hinted that it might be in in an upcoming rev?).
-Proper SD-Handling? (Some say it works, it doesn't for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...).
-Working IOS Reload Block.

Don't think I need more. IOS Reload seems far away, and I don't expect that coming soon. Modify the Installer would be nice, but not needed. I would be more than happy with FRAG and proper SD-Handling, hell, I'm already damm happy with rev19, which is awesome work
smile.gif
!

mick711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just now because fat module is 65% smaller there are more space for add ntfs just now wait ....

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard about this FRAG thing a few times but haven't seen mention of what it actually is. Anyone mind filling me in?

mick711 said:
Just now because fat module is 65% smaller there are more space for add ntfs just now wait ....
Unless I'm sorely mistaken, this is already possible with Configurable USB Loader

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mick711 said:

Waninkoko has already said that he will never add NTFS support. He says its just way too big and isnt worth it.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mick711 said:
Can't you listen ! There will NOT be ntfs support from waninkoko himself, tough just loading an customized dip trough mload *can* add ntfs and all the other stuff

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where's the mIOS love wanin?
I really would like to use my AR backup with gcn backups that would be great!
or even the "impossible" gcn usb support.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
where's the mIOS love wanin?
I really would like to use my AR backup with gcn backups that would be great!
or even the "impossible" gcn usb support.
cMIOSv5 come out not too long ago.

And I'm pretty sure you've been able to use AR with GCN backups for as long as GCN loading has been possible. You just need to use MIOSv4 as the base.

As for GCN loading via USB, MIOS is irrelevant from what I understand.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
hope this doesnt come out like im complaining but is anyone else "worried" he's releasing these things so quickly? Makes me not want to install them anymore, i'd rather he worked on a new cIOS for a while and done everything he can do atm then start doing some research then releasing one, and a week or two later releasing another. it just doesn't seem....stable. sorry Wanin if your reading this i dont mean any disrespect i love the work you've done
smile.gif

MrX_Cuci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude it's not even out yet. Who knows when....might be in a week, might be in a month.... Why is it not stable? 19 works perfect for my needs.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
well when i installed rev 19 it seemed my disc loaded games were loading slower and it was making louder noises too...coulda just been my head though

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
hope this doesnt come out like im complaining but is anyone else "worried" he's releasing these things so quickly? Makes me not want to install them anymore, i'd rather he worked on a new cIOS for a while and done everything he can do atm then start doing some research then releasing one, and a week or two later releasing another. it just doesn't seem....stable. sorry Wanin if your reading this i dont mean any disrespect i love the work you've done
smile.gif
Rev19's quite stable so your fears are unfounded imo

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I stay with rev17 or go to rev19 ? I prefer stable one because rev17 is stable.. Or wait for rev20 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY