Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

di4medollaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just wondering if some nice person that owns mario galaxy could get past the first cutscene that freezes with the iso loader and then save their game and then upload te save file so the masses can ply super mario galaxy
biggrin.gif
thanx

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
Raiyu245 said:
Zeek03 said:
The Game I burned is black and white. How can I fix this? Will Component cables work?
Yeah, I think the only way to fix it is to get component cables..I wish I had some.

Nintendo brand cables are $30-$35
GameStop brand cables are $15

I ran out and bought me some last night but was sad when I found out my inputs on my TV are jacked
frown.gif

if you got the gamestop ones make sure you have the switch set to HDTV even if you have SDTV. it's black & white on mine too if i don't do that.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorox said:
When i start up Nero it asks me if i want to burn image to disc but it says i need a cd rom. What exactly am i supposed to when i start up nero?
Well i really couldnt be arsed to reply to this but hey you seem to be gettin folk who dont seem to notice anything

Anyway after the patching process is done ive noticed certain burning programs only reconise the image as a CD image instead of a DVD one which yeah kinda wierd the only way around it that worked it to use a different software i found that alcohol 120% or imgburn sometimes found it to be a cd image while nero saw it as an actually dvd one and the visa versa so give one of those a try if nero doesnt work etc
yaynds.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Price Is Right will crash right after name selection. Plays great up to that point, with fast loads. Was really looking forward to that game too.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sampson said:
if you got the gamestop ones make sure you have the switch set to HDTV even if you have SDTV. it's black & white on mine too if i don't do that.

THANKS! Didn't even pay attention to see a switch. Will be trying this ASAP when I get home tonight!!

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
sampson said:

THANKS! Didn't even pay attention to see a switch. Will be trying this ASAP when I get home tonight!!

try getting the last wii in stock out of the box thinking the video was fucked on it and going back to the store to find out about it
lecture.gif

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
pebls123 said:
telefunkin said:
dinofan01 said:
Grav said:
I have a question: Does installing DVDx or whatever cause your load times in regular non-burned games to be slower?
Simply put, no.

So if a NTSC Wii owner wants to play an ISO in color without component cable or a HD TV they need the PAL ISO?

Seems to be the case for me, PAL copy of TFU is working in full color with RCA cables but it is the only game I've gotten to try so far. I'm waiting on some more ISO's to finish so I can test more. Rebel Raiders NTSC will be finished soon, that will be my next report.
Was the PAL copy region freed and with what or was it just burnt and used in the backup loader because i tried wii chess PAL on my my NTSC 3.2U and still get black and white and screen not fitting properly.

regionfrii'd and brickblocked but I've only tried one game, and it worked for me, but I also did not test the PAL ISO without it so it might have worked anyway. I think there were some other users reporting that it did not work for them.

Edit: I've answered this question too many times now. I'm not posting again until I have another game to test.
I tried this but it still showed black and white are you sure you have ntsc wii with standard av cables

oh and would region changing your wii allow games to play in colour or would a pal region wii show wierd on a ntsc 480i tv

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
Has anyone confirmed the need to use BrickBlocker or so far just been a precaution? What exactly does that app do?
No i dont think you need brickblocker i burnt pal games without it for my ntsc wii with no problems(the app is region free but there are some stuck at green screen issues sometimes if you dont region free it) but still get that B&W colour issue though

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your games boot to a green/grey screen, using RegionFrii to patch it to PAL and using the videomode smart patcher has a good chance of fixing it. (It fixed Super Mario Sluggers, game is playable though may freeze on occasion.)

iruleyou1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one simple question. I have read all of the steps in installing this loader on my wii but there is one step that confuses me.

2. Rename the dvd-backup.dol file to boot.dol and create a folder titled "Loader". Place the .dol in the folder. Find some graphic/xml files to fill in for now, or make your own.

WHy do I need to find some graphic/xml files to fill in? What do I exactly have to do for the 2nd part of step 2? Maybe I'm a kuckle head but this seems to be the only question I have in installing this loader. Please help.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iruleyou1 said:
I have one simple question. I have read all of the steps in installing this loader on my wii but there is one step that confuses me.

2. Rename the dvd-backup.dol file to boot.dol and create a folder titled "Loader". Place the .dol in the folder. Find some graphic/xml files to fill in for now, or make your own.

WHy do I need to find some graphic/xml files to fill in? What do I exactly have to do for the 2nd part of step 2? Maybe I'm a kuckle head but this seems to be the only question I have in installing this loader. Please help.

This is not needed, since this is only for a picture and info in the Homebrew channel !!

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piece of advice for US residents:

when black friday comes, BUY DVDS! I got 200 nexxtech dvds for 15$
never had an issue with them. Im 15 and got the balls to wake up at 2:00 and go to circuit city.

next up on my test list is Mario Party 8 NTSC. will report back with results. Will be burned on nexxtech at 2x speed on toshiba laptop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: eyB eyB n iH iH