Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:
If your games boot to a green/grey screen, using RegionFrii to patch it to PAL and using the videomode smart patcher has a good chance of fixing it. (It fixed Super Mario Sluggers, game is playable though may freeze on occasion.)
Mario Super Sluggers is what I'm trying to get working the most so this caught my attention. I downloaded RegionFrii and patched it to PAL. Now I found this Video Mode changer thing and there are a lot of options here I am unsure which to choose...help?
frown.gif

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@pebls123

Am I sure that my wii is NTSC? Definitely. My TV is also NTSC 480i. I don't have any PAL devices to test on it but the manual does not have any listing for PAL in the video specs.

Since my last post I've also tried Mario Super Sluggers NTSC and only got the green screen. I tried both NTSC rip and changing region to PAL, same results.

Ferrari Challenge PAL regionfrii'd to NTSC. Full color with RCA cables. Load times are long.

..::MaxWell::..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ Gaisuto
You don't need to change the video mode, just the region to PAL... My problem is, that I can't patch the ISO with the backup-creater.exe It gives me this everytime:
help3ei0.jpg

I have all the necessary files in one folder, including commen-key and the Mario Super Sluggers ISO...

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@SpongeFreak52
Yes I did, and it happend with Pokemon Battle Revolution aswell, and this happens with me dragging it on top, for some stupid reason, when I go to open with... and then browse and select backup-creator.exe it never shows up after being selected.
frown.gif

squirrel007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..::MaxWell::.. said:
@ Gaisuto
You don't need to change the video mode, just the region to PAL... My problem is, that I can't patch the ISO with the backup-creater.exe It gives me this everytime:
help3ei0.jpg

I have all the necessary files in one folder, including commen-key and the Mario Super Sluggers ISO...

Try using the GUI version of the converter, found here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=106049 .

ok now onto my problem:

I am trying to burn my PAL mario kart ISO and imgburn is not accepting it. Any fix?

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so here is the deal with the black and white picture for NTSC systems. Like a lot of people have been pointing out the apploader runs in PAL mode, regardless of the region of the disc or wii. PAL (used by most of Europe) outputs 640x576 at 50 times a second, NTSC (used by America and Japan) outputs 640x480 at 60 times a second. Older "standard definition" TV's expect one format or the other and since NTSC TV's don't know how to handle PAL, we get the black and white images with the bottom 640x176 pixels cut off.

The reason why some people with NTSC HDTV's are able to play in color isn't necessarily the cables, but the fact the newer TV's are smart enough to detect the video signal as PAL and properly display the image. So in the end, its a matter of having the right TV for NTSC folks being able to enjoy the apploader.

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@SpongeFreak52
Yes I did, and it happend with Pokemon Battle Revolution aswell, and this happens with me dragging it on top, for some stupid reason, when I go to open with... and then browse and select backup-creator.exe it never shows up after being selected.
frown.gif

I had the same problem, I renamed the backup-creator.exe to backup.exe and it worked afterwords.

mballer20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i drag the iso over the wiifrii.exe, it opens up fine. Then when i try to select any option, a windows error comes up saying "wiifrii.exe has stopped working" and tries to check for a solution, then closes. I can't seem to get pass this.

squirrel007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to burn my PAL mario kart ISO and imgburn is not accepting it. It says it is an unsupporded image type, so does A120%... Any fix?

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@mballer20
That happens when you select a option that already has been done to the iso, for example:
If I have a NTSC-U ISO and select the option Pal --> NTSC-U it will shut the wiifrii.exe down...

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aah, can anyone help me?
I burned the .iso to a DVD+R and set the booktype to DVD-ROM, but Captain Rainbow still froze.

Could it be a bad .iso?

mballer20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mballer20
That happens when you select a option that already has been done to the iso, for example:
If I have a NTSC-U ISO and select the option Pal --> NTSC-U it will shut the wiifrii.exe down...

oh, gotcha. so far i tested out naruto clash of the ninjas revolution, resident evil 4 wii edition, and mario super sluggers. naruto doesn't work (screen flashing up and down), RE4 works fine, and mario ss has the green screen.

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all the people asking about the black and white games and component cables: Yes it works even if ur tv its not true HD like mine so go buy them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: