Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Ok, since all of you want to talk about windows versions in comparison wii SM version, first off that is just a bad analogy.
But lets look at it this way. No matter what version of the wii SM you have, you still have the same exact hardware. It is not upgrading the hardware at all.
So lets take for instance a PC and load a vanilla Win 98 on it, then go and load on a vanilla of 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 on that same exact hardware, Win 98 will boot up the fastest.
No. I wish you knew me, so I could prove you wrong. But...If you want to think that, go right ahead. You win.

rolleyes.gif
BILL GATES ON GBATEMP!! Who knew!?
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Dr_Hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys am new here .. so plz anybody here help me

before i update my wii to 4.2 i got the new HBC by the chennel its self

new HBC +DVDX + Bootmii

then i updated to 4.2

but the backup lachuer didn't work

and why does bootmii dosent respond when i use my wiimote ? i cant press anything

and how do i install wad files ?

is there any way to get back to 4.1 or 3.4 agan ?

thanks guys
smile.gif

poppy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
Dr_Hack said:
and why does bootmii dosent respond when i use my wiimote ? i cant press anything
You need a GameCube controller.

Or use the buttons on the wii console itself - power button to cycle through the options, reset button to select.

Just wanted to say thanks to Waninkoko for releasing this firmware updater so quickly. It's a shame that Marcan is slagging him off yet again over at Slashdot, spreading FUD that Microsoft themselves would be proud of:

Piracy utilities do nasty stuff to your system all the time, they're buggy, and they brick lots of people's Wiis. I'm talking about safety-critical bugs here.
Loaders, besides typically illegal (they like to ship around chunks of IOS), are very dodgy and unreliable. System modification is required to install loaders, so it's an inherently risky activity. About 50% of the reports of permanent bricks I get from people are due to using Waninkoko's stuff. Stay far away, he never learned what that 'int' thing before function prototypes is for.
Waninkoko has repeatedly violated licenses and stolen code from others (first me, then bushing, then kwiirk with the USB stuff, as well as lots of other random bits and pieces) all while doing an insignificant amount of research and actual work himself, and he is sponsored by a website associated with modchip sales, has worked for modchip manufacturers, and adds advertisement banners to all of his tools. In fact, his first release of game-loading tools came about as a way to hit the modchip guys he worked for back because he felt they weren't paying him enough. One of his tools (a completely useless sort of survey he came up with, which he asked everyone to run) actually went as far as to open up the Opera browser on the Wii (if it was installed) to his sponsor's site.
USB loading or any kind of "backup loading" is not supported by the Wiibrew community because 90% of its users are massive pirates. If you want to legitimately use games you own from USB, you're on your own. Fair warning: most of the software involved is crappy, unstable, and/or dangerous.
I've yet to hear any report of a Wii being bricked by the HackMii installer (or any other prior versions, including the old standalone Homebrew Channel installer). So far, as far as we know, 100% of the Wiis bricked via "homebrew" have in fact been bricked via either dodgy piracy tools (the people behind them seem to go for insta-releasing to become famous, instead of actually doing that old thing called QA and Testing and doing things like checking error codes)

Marcan, thanks for your work, but I think it'ss time for you to take a big cup of STFU.
warm_cup_STFU.jpg

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
does it really matter now the new bannerbomb and hackmii are out the only major problem is unstubbing the IOS's that the update made????
I wasn't talking about BannerBomb or HackMii...I was talking about "Waninkoko's" new Firmware Updater v4.2...Was it really made by him?

unsure.gif

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He posted a ways back in this thread so, if it's fake, someone also hacked his GBATemp account...so, no, it almost certainly isn't fake.

pimpkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone tested this that can confirm that:

- usb loaders function properly
- Wad installation is still possible

thanks
Pimpkin

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pimpkin said:
anyone tested this that can confirm that:

- usb loaders function properly
- Wad installation is still possible

thanks
Pimpkin
Both work for me. I did an unCorp first, then BootMii v0.5 along with HBC 1.05, then Wanin updater 4.2, then cIOS38 rev 14, then dop-IOS to remove Trucha bug on IOS 35 (to fix HBC being upside down), then Hermes IOSv4 to restore Beatles Rock Band functionality.

Played Beatles Rock Band via USB Loader GX earlier today with no issues.

pimpkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran it and when my wii rebooted it was still 4.0, still themed, everything still works as if i didnt run it at all.

any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thank goodness for VPN nowadays