piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
moosehunter said:
King Of Chaos said:
Well, if you update it yourself, you'll lose Homebrew when updating the system menu to 4.2.
How would installing the 4.2 wad remove HBC? Unless... the system menu itself deletes HBC instead of the update process deleting it
That's exacly how it works. The system menu does the deleting not the update. That's why u can't just reinstall the hbc after official update

Looks like there's a preloader hack that disables the check for HBC, DVDx, and Twilight Hack:

USA 4.2

[Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx checks]
version=481
offset=0x813345A0
value=0x60000000

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well...we already have our Workaround, I guess. I don't think that this is realy a "big" work now to do such an Updater...the dangerous things for Homebrew/Piracy are the installing of Boot2v4, some IOS and the Systemmenu. He "simply" has to modify the Source of the 4.1 Updater, and "tell" the App that it hasn't to download and install some IOS and the Boot2v4, but download and install the other IOSes, and patch them (ev.). For that, we have already DOP-IOS. Now, what's left is the Systemmenu, and that is the main work, but like you saw, Crediar already fixed this (Thanks, btw
smile.gif
).

Summary: The main hard work is the Systemmenu, which was also already fixed by Crediar. Dunno if Wanin will try to patch it on-the-fly, and then install it (which would be pretty neat)...But, our workaround happend in 1 Day. Nintendo = Big fail (again).

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Couldn't you just do a WAD install of only SM4.2 and IOS70, allowing you to keep cIOS and BootMii? For HBC you could just change the Title ID of a HBC WAD using WADder.
Yep, you can. I don't honestly understand why people are so hyped up over something that is likely to pretty much do the same thing as that (with the preloader hack possibly tossed in).

itsmeoreo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
itsmeoreo said:
anyone try the new preloader hacks yet (for fw 4.2)?

You first
smile.gif
hehe

I'll wait until someone writes a guide to update to 4.2 safely. I'm not enough of a hacking veteran to even test out theories of what may or may not work.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er, I'm sorry for being somewhat of a jerk, but I won't believe this until I see a source. If I remember correctly Waninkoko is working only on cIOS's for the time being since he "left" the "Wii scene". So, yeah, no proof, I'm not convinced
wink.gif

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woah, woah, WOAH

Why the hell would ANYONE update to 4.2 where there are absolutely no new features except blocking homebrew? What good would it do to update? That's stupid

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
tattar8 said:
Couldn't you just do a WAD install of only SM4.2 and IOS70, allowing you to keep cIOS and BootMii? For HBC you could just change the Title ID of a HBC WAD using WADder.
Doesn't the System Menu do a IOS version check on even the IOS's it doesn't use? If not, that's a dumb mistake on Ninty's part!

blink.gif

Couldn't cIOS be changed to display the right version number?

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Woah, woah, WOAH

Why the hell would ANYONE update to 4.2 where there are absolutely no new features except blocking homebrew? What good would it do to update? That's stupid
Because there are a handful of worthwhile games coming out soon and it's likely some will require 4.2

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisf said:
smash_brew said:
moosehunter is right. and there really is no need to update to 4.2 in the first place. shit i'm still on 3.2

you wont be saying that when new super mario bros requires 4.2 system menu even if u have updated your ios's on 4.1 or lower

it likely won't, and even if it did, I would.
you can play everything on 3.2, I do. the menu has nothing to do with which games play. the IOS rarely even does. most IOS individually will support the majority of games.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just update all ioses with dop-ios. Wouldn't that be a pratical solution instead of updating to a new menu with no real advantages. Doesn't the game itself call on the necessary ioses to play the game?

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, when is the line of updaters going to go open source? All he has to do is change a few version numbers. This would only be of interest if it patched a few of the piracy checks as well (HBC deletion, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it