Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by manaphy4ever, Sep 29, 2009.

1. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    I'm pretty sure it will, he knows more about the system menu and IOS than us so let him do his thing.

2. noobwarrior7

noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    USA
    have you checked his repository for the source?, almost all his projects have been open source for a few months.

3. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    i can confirm wanin is in the middle of his 4.2 updater... i must say tho.. this is one of the bigger updaters you will have to deal with.. theres a lot of stuff to download and patch.. could be anotehr day or two before we see an official release..

4. dlf

dlf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    United States

You all are the one's that are also fast as well. For those wanting to play NSMB Wii and use a usb loader, couldn't they try to find a ISO of it without the update(s) or even with that won't install? [​IMG]

5. King Of Chaos

King Of Chaos GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Oh, I'm sure working solutions with the latest IOS files and hex modified System Menu 4.2 and the newest Shop Channel will be released before Waninkoko releases anything. [​IMG]

Actually, thinking about it, it wouldn't really be that hard to do. Do a cIOSCORP WAD installer type of thing to install everything you need.

6. Retrievil

Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver
    It would install of course but it may check that you have 4.2 before it runs, or it might require IOS70, or who knows what.

7. baffle-boy

baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Canada
    EVERYWHERE
    if this is true then waninkoko = A WINNER! (even MORE than before... how come no one else is a smart/all-powerful as him?)

8. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    waninkoko's does not bullshit.
    we just have to wait.

9. stev418

stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 25, 2007
    games run off of IOS's not system menus :\ hell crediars FREEDOM bybasses the wii menu and nand loaders all together iirc

10. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Jul 11, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    what do you mean finally it only came out today and wanainkoko never quit dont worry the hacker in him will come back

11. vettacossx

vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!
    there seems to be people already using the homebrew channel on 4.2 under another title so thats encouraging but i imagine that waninkoko will make a much more user friendly method in the days to come for those with the need to update..Kudos and even though i intend to chill on 3.2 thanks again for being the man w/ the plan waninkoko and if your reading whats up linkinworm [​IMG]

12. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    I highly doubt that NSMB Wii will require 4.2, because it would have to be on the disk to ensure everybody had it. The latest games coming out still only have 3.4, when 4.0 has been out for a bit now... Plus it would seem easy to bypass the check the game would make.

I'm sticking with 3.4. I actually wish I was still on 3.2, but oh wells.... I'm not going to hassle with downgrading. Installing IOSes hasn't been that big a deal.

EDIT: Looking at WiiBrew, 4.0 came out on March 25th. Wii Sports Resort came out 3 months later, still only had 3.4 on it.

13. TiMeBoMb4u2

TiMeBoMb4u2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    Hyrule
    There's no "hassle". Just run Waninkoko's Firmware Updater v4.1

[​IMG]

14. lightyear

lightyear GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2009
    United States
    Can someone please explain why we all care about updating to 4.2? We all know that it erases all homebrew from your system....but what else does it do? Is there actually ANY reason anyone can give me that I should update once Waninkoko releases his homebrew-safe upgrader?

15. stab244

stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 1, 2008
    United States
    I think that the Wii Shop Channel has an update.

16. TiMeBoMb4u2

TiMeBoMb4u2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    Hyrule
    Everyone is always wanting the latest and greatest.
    It updates the Shop Channel, and the System Menu now runs on IOS70 (supposedly a performance increase...I doubt it, though).

[​IMG]

17. gwiz210

gwiz210 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2008
    United States
    So will this do me any good if im already on 4.2?

18. King Of Chaos

King Of Chaos GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Nope.

19. lightyear

lightyear GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2009
    United States
    Ohhh...ok....so if you've got homebrew then why are still using the shop channel anyway? lol @ anyone still paying for games after installing homebrew [​IMG]

Thanks for the quick answer [​IMG]

@ TiMeBoMb4u2
    I agree...I don't believe a word of that [​IMG]

20. anaxs

anaxs got milk, got candy

Mar 23, 2009
    Canada
    your moms jeans pocket
    wow, already
    thats waesome news

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted