♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
Honestly, when is the line of updaters going to go open source? All he has to do is change a few version numbers. This would only be of interest if it patched a few of the piracy checks as well (HBC deletion, etc).
I'm pretty sure it will, he knows more about the system menu and IOS than us so let him do his thing.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can confirm wanin is in the middle of his 4.2 updater... i must say tho.. this is one of the bigger updaters you will have to deal with.. theres a lot of stuff to download and patch.. could be anotehr day or two before we see an official release..

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Damn, he's fast.... Gotta love it, hopefully he releases it soon.

Big thanks already Waninkoko, you're amazing!

chrisf said:
QUOTE(smash_brew @ Sep 29 2009, 03:08 PM) moosehunter is right. and there really is no need to update to 4.2 in the first place. shit i'm still on 3.2

you wont be saying that when new super mario bros requires 4.2 system menu even if u have updated your ios's on 4.1 or lower

You all are the one's that are also fast as well. For those wanting to play NSMB Wii and use a usb loader, couldn't they try to find a ISO of it without the update(s) or even with that won't install?
unsure.gif

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'm sure working solutions with the latest IOS files and hex modified System Menu 4.2 and the newest Shop Channel will be released before Waninkoko releases anything.
tongue.gif

Actually, thinking about it, it wouldn't really be that hard to do. Do a cIOSCORP WAD installer type of thing to install everything you need.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if this is true then waninkoko = A WINNER! (even MORE than before... how come no one else is a smart/all-powerful as him?)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
baffle-boy said:
if this is true then waninkoko = A WINNER! (even MORE than before... how come no one else is a smart/all-powerful as him?)
waninkoko's does not bullshit.
we just have to wait.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chrisf said:
smash_brew said:
moosehunter is right. and there really is no need to update to 4.2 in the first place. shit i'm still on 3.2

you wont be saying that when new super mario bros requires 4.2 system menu even if u have updated your ios's on 4.1 or lower

games run off of IOS's not system menus :\ hell crediars FREEDOM bybasses the wii menu and nand loaders all together iirc

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what do you mean finally it only came out today and wanainkoko never quit dont worry the hacker in him will come back

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
there seems to be people already using the homebrew channel on 4.2 under another title so thats encouraging but i imagine that waninkoko will make a much more user friendly method in the days to come for those with the need to update..Kudos and even though i intend to chill on 3.2 thanks again for being the man w/ the plan waninkoko and if your reading whats up linkinworm
tongue.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt that NSMB Wii will require 4.2, because it would have to be on the disk to ensure everybody had it. The latest games coming out still only have 3.4, when 4.0 has been out for a bit now... Plus it would seem easy to bypass the check the game would make.

I'm sticking with 3.4. I actually wish I was still on 3.2, but oh wells.... I'm not going to hassle with downgrading. Installing IOSes hasn't been that big a deal.

EDIT: Looking at WiiBrew, 4.0 came out on March 25th. Wii Sports Resort came out 3 months later, still only had 3.4 on it.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
I highly doubt that NSMB Wii will require 4.2, because it would have to be on the disk to ensure everybody had it. The latest games coming out still only have 3.4, when 4.0 has been out for a bit now... Plus it would seem easy to bypass the check the game would make.

I'm sticking with 3.4. I actually wish I was still on 3.2, but oh wells.... I'm not going to hassle with downgrading. Installing IOSes hasn't been that big a deal.
There's no "hassle". Just run Waninkoko's Firmware Updater v4.1

blink.gif

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please explain why we all care about updating to 4.2? We all know that it erases all homebrew from your system....but what else does it do? Is there actually ANY reason anyone can give me that I should update once Waninkoko releases his homebrew-safe upgrader?

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
Can someone please explain why we all care about updating to 4.2? We all know that it erases all homebrew from your system....but what else does it do? Is there actually ANY reason anyone can give me that I should update once Waninkoko releases his homebrew-safe upgrader?
I think that the Wii Shop Channel has an update.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
Everyone is always wanting the latest and greatest.
It updates the Shop Channel, and the System Menu now runs on IOS70 (supposedly a performance increase...I doubt it, though).

rolleyes.gif

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh...ok....so if you've got homebrew then why are still using the shop channel anyway? lol @ anyone still paying for games after installing homebrew
tongue.gif

Thanks for the quick answer
smile.gif

@ TiMeBoMb4u2
I agree...I don't believe a word of that
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up