Wallpaper Engine is a gift from God

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Pokem, May 13, 2017.

1. Pokem
    OP

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    You may cringe from this, you may look down on me for this, but I think Wallpaper Engine is the most wonderful, and unique application out there. I've downloaded some Miku wallpaper, and it's outstanding. I'm loving my experience with Wallpaper Engine. I am not a weeaboo. I'm a normal high school student who loves Wallpaper Engine. Every one of you should buy it tbh. It is truly a blessing from God if he exists.

Here are a few things possible with Wallpaper Engine:

Truly, if you don't own this program, you're a disgrace and should buy it now. It is only 5 dollars on Steam. If you pirate it, you should be ashamed of yourself. It deserves all the money it gets. The owner has really created something that revolutionizes wallpapers.

So, what are you waiting for? Go buy this gift, this blessing that God has created. It's something everybody that owns a computer should have in their Steam library.
    I give this wonderful program an awesome 10/10 because of what it has done for me.
    It turned me from someone who isn't really into anime to a fan. The owner should create more wonderful programs like this. Another reason why you should use Wallpaper Engine besides from the regular searching for a wallpaper on the internet is that it's so easy and simple. There is literally an entire directory devoted to the wallpaper you're looking for.

Last edited by Pokem, May 13, 2017
    pietempgba, VinsCool and Chary like this.
  2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    I just see this as a valuable resource hog but I guess that depends on the video file your using, your current set up and what you use the computer for.

Xiphiidae, VinLark and Pokem like this.
  3. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I got Wallpaper Engine too, and this is amazing how we can make a boring wallpaper become so alive.

4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    This seems really nice, I would love to have an animate wallpaper, but resources and it not being available on Linux are 2 things keeping me away.

5. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Well, I guess if you're staring at your wallpaper for an extended period of time..

VinLark likes this.
  6. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    I don't think it's cringy to think that :)

After all I think 4chan is also a gift from god.

7. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    same
    upload_2017-5-12_22-5-24.png
    Guy got a ransomware virus. Good thread

8. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    There's too much anime shit to dig through, but I've got a good rotation going on my three monitors. Puts my twin R9 290's to good use.

Also: Here's my wallpaper, more or less. it was a royal pain figuring out a way to share it.
    http://www.photosnack.com/GrahamFluet/desktop.html

Last edited by Futurdreamz, May 13, 2017
    MasterJ360, Pokem and VinLark like this.
  9. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    1. This app is awesome, will use in my Danganronpa: Trigger-happy PC 2. Why do you have an American pop song in a vocaloid background? That kinda made me cringe because of how American music has lost its touch and meaning

Pokem likes this.
  10. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I have to agree considering still wallpapers get boring after 1 week or less then you spend alot of time trying to find a better one.
    Since I have a triple monitor display its agonizing for me to find a good one at my resolution and if I were to edit, it looks badly stretched. Wallpaper Engine isn't a game, but it's definitely 1 of the best things I bought on Steam so far
    I highly recommend this to any steam user hands down

Last edited by MasterJ360, May 20, 2017
  11. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    So do you just, like, sit and stare at your desktop for hours... hell even minutes, on end?

The only time I ever see my desktop is when starting up and occasionally just after closing an application.

DinohScene likes this.
  12. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Dream Scene enabler in Win 7.
    Same thing and it's free.

No ty, I'll just stick to static wallpapers.

13. sniper_x002

sniper_x002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    It's useful for multimonitor setups, and for making things neat. Also if you have useful stuff on the desktop (i.e. fences) there's more reason to use it.

Here's my desktop. (yes, at the time I did not have all the sensors configured) The globe is also interactive.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i remember i could nativaly use videos or gifs or something in either windows 7 or vista..
    it was the only windows that could do that, they later removed that option :'(

15. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I got three big monitors. I mostly just let it run on its own, but when the mirror sketch or sheep ones pop up I do fiddle with them a little