Hacking Wakinoko 4.0 update

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo keeps shoving update requests down my throat, and I tried putting Animal Crossing in and it wanted me to do an update. Thats why I'm wondering.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to accomplish by using it? It seems to me that you have what you already want.

Edit:

Oh, games bugging you about it. That's because the IOS's weren't updated along with it, but left how they were. Except IOS60 which I think is patched and installed for you. (I don't know all about it, I used it once a while ago and I got tired of it and went back to 3.2.)

But if you want to stop the games from doing that, a better solution is to install preloader and use hacks for it. Those should shut it up.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah, preloader 0.29

then copy and paste the text from your region (4.0U) from HERE into a blank text document and save it as 'hacks.ini'

then just place that file on the root of your SD, load preloader again by holding the reset button when powering on, go to settings or hacks menu or whatever it is.

then all you have to do is enable all the skip update options. (skip update check, skip disc update check etc)

that way it wont ask you to update.

the reason it asks you to update is because the IOS you have must be hackable ones from a lower version firmware, which 4.0 doesnt let you use easily lol.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so just press return on the last like of the hacks you mean?

i never knew that troy
tongue.gif
betcha i've had one hack missing ever since installing preloader then XD

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, you can see it still, but turning it on does nothing without taht line there.

Some bug about it not reading the very last line in the hacks.ini, hence why the blank line is needed. hell, it doesn't even have to be blank, i just wrote "pointless blank line"

after the last hack, lol.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Both can work at teh same time on your system. They go in seperate places.

preloader simply loads before the system menu (you can change this in the settings, and simply hold reset while powering on to get into preloader should you need to), where as bootmii installs to boot2

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalSquirrel said:
Preloader, I already have bootmii.. can I replace it with preloader? Or will bootmii work?

Bootmii is for a different purpose. It isn't designed to apply hacks to the system menu.

And you don't replace bootmii with it either. They go in completely separate locations. Bootmii is either in the boot2 or as an IOS. (I guess you have boot2 if you mention it as you are.) And preloader renames the .dol of the system menu so that it loads before the system menu does.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
DigitalSquirrel said:
Preloader, I already have bootmii.. can I replace it with preloader? Or will bootmii work?

Bootmii is for a different purpose. It isn't designed to apply hacks to the system menu.

And you don't replace bootmii with it either. They go in completely separate locations. Bootmii is either in the boot2 or as an IOS. (I guess you have boot2 if you mention it as you are.) And preloader renames the .dol of the system menu so that it loads before the system menu does.

Are there any known bugs from it? Or does it delay the system startup or anything? I don't want to cause more problems than solve. Also, can it be removed later if I want to? Or is preloader permanent.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
as long as you don't format after installing it without reinstalling your system menu, you'll be fine. The only bug it has is if wiiconnect24 is on, the disk will spin when the system is in standby, but that is easily fixed by turning on the "ignore standby settings" in preloader's settings.

If you are worries, simply do a nand backup using bootmii before doing anything so you can easily restore your wii (kind of the point of bootmii)

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalSquirrel said:
Are there any known bugs from it? Or does it delay the system startup or anything? I don't want to cause more problems than solve.

I notice barely any lag on my install. If anything, I'd say it boots up faster since you can have it skip the warning screen.

And I don't know of any outstanding bugs, other than one saying you have to have a last line otherwise the last hack won't count.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
s3phir0th115 said:
DigitalSquirrel said:
Are there any known bugs from it? Or does it delay the system startup or anything? I don't want to cause more problems than solve.

I notice barely any lag on my install. If anything, I'd say it boots up faster since you can have it skip the warning screen.

And I don't know of any outstanding bugs, other than one saying you have to have a last line otherwise the last hack won't count.

that's an option? lol, i really need to look at those settings better.

Lol, yeah, found it in the hacks.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
s3phir0th115 said:
DigitalSquirrel said:

that's an option? lol, i really need to look at those settings better.

Yeah. It basically replaces it with a back menu, but it's the same thing you see when quitting out of a game, so it sure as hell is better than seeing that shit each time and having to hit A EVERY time the Wii starts.

It's in the hacks.ini I made from wiibrew's page.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the hacks.ini packed from preloader... what is all this offset crap?

"
[Replace Healthwarning with Backmenu]
version=418
offset=0x816561E4
value=0x814093D0
"

Is all of that necessary to "replace healthwarning with backmenu"? And how come it is stated so many times in the .ini folder under different versions.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thanks, that was actually pretty annoying since I'm using rev13a, having to sit through that health warning every time.

Posts merged

DigitalSquirrel said:
I'm using the hacks.ini packed from preloader... what is all this offset crap?

"
[Replace Healthwarning with Backmenu]
version=418
offset=0x816561E4
value=0x814093D0
"

Is all of that necessary to "replace healthwarning with backmenu"? And how come it is stated so many times in the .ini folder under different versions.

just grab the one for your system menu.

those are the lines of code it changes to "activate" the hack. You can freely turn it on or off via preloader.

QUOTE(DigitalSquirrel @ Jun 27 2009, 05:59 PM) Nintendo keeps shoving update requests down my throat, and I tried putting Animal Crossing in and it wanted me to do an update. Thats why I'm wondering.

Only reason animal crossing asks for an update is for wiispeak. It uses IOS38.

If you install that separately, then run thr updater, you'll actually end up with the most up to date version of that ios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: