Hacking Wake PC via Wii via WOL

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm gonna give this little headache a miss
wink.gif

WiiMC takes so long to compile and 4 times out of 5, fails somewhere along the line, even if no changes are made.

I don't have any more time to waste, waiting to see if my "guess-timates" of where the code should go has worked

So I think I'll be content with my 'Wake On Lan' forwarder for WiiMC, and leave integrating the code into the program itself to those that are experienced in Wii programming and have a liitle more patience with compiling this program
biggrin.gif

I have posted the suggestion on the WiiMC forum, it's up to the devs to enhance their program by including WOL.
smile.gif

blush.gif
I'll re-phrase that last statement, it's a huge program and works brilliantly! - I meant I will leave it up to the devs to enhance the program even further once they get around to including WOL (they can prolly add it in a couple of seconds)

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's an ISO forwarder with Wake-On-Lan that forwards to the Official channel forwarder if anyone's interested

Install the channel forwarder

Enter the MAC address of the server you want to wake and an ISO forwarder is produced that will wake your server then launch the channel forwarder
smile.gif

Updated - someone asked for a version without WOL so now you have the choice
smile.gif

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
geegee said:
Nice work...would it be possible to include the WOL in a standard channel forwarder?

I'll have a look at merging it into the official one when I get a bit of time
wink.gif

I suspect that the problem will be finding a method of replacing a MAC address in a wad file.
wink2.gif

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
geegee said:
Nice work...would it be possible to include the WOL in a standard channel forwarder?

I'll have a look at merging it into the official one when I get a bit of time
wink.gif

I suspect that the problem will be finding a method of replacing a MAC address in a wad file.
wink2.gif

Thanks. I guess it would have to be entered before the program was complied or the program have to read it from a text file?

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Having just replaced my server for a NAS (that doesn't sleep), I don't have any need to play with WOL any more - but the code linked to in previous posts works perfectly.

Just add the code quoted here and you can compile a dol that will send a magic packet before launching your specified title. You can use with CustomizeMii or similar program to create a wad file
wink.gif

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might get around to doing that or I will just wait until it is added to WiiMC. My computer is like 7 feet from the couch but it seems so far away when I'm laying down.

Jinx_Dojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has compiled a WAD version of the channel for current versions of WiiMC? I was happy to try out Tristar's script (which is very nice by the way), but unfortunately, the ISO produced just sends me back to the System Menu from Wiiflow. I have the official channel installed already, and WiiMC boots properly from elsewhere (other homebrew launchers).

Though having it built into a WiiMC forwarder is probably the easiest/most practical, I was wondering if perhaps someone also made an individual application and/or channel that would send WOL packets with a MAC address (or list thereof) read from a text file. This would be great for waking the PC in order to use it with other applications (like WiiExplorer, WiiVNC, etc.).

Thank you for any information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!