Homebrew Waithax/Slowhax implementation released by Mrrraou

  • Thread starter Thread starter CeeDee
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 99,358
  • Replies Replies 847
  • Likes Likes 37
Sorry to bother you all, i have a dumb question, i launched waithax around 30min ago thinking it will be enough to use the dsiwarehax installer (i'm on 11.1 with hbl acces). But then i saw that it needed to be intergrated in the dsiwarehax installer and Mrrraou released the tool during this time, so my question is, considering that the hax is still launching on my n3ds, can i interrupt the process or should i wait until it finishes ? Thanks and sorry ^^'
 
Sorry to bother you all, i have a dumb question, i launched waithax around 30min ago thinking it will be enough to use the dsiwarehax installer (i'm on 11.1 with hbl acces). But then i saw that it needed to be intergrated in the dsiwarehax installer and Mrrraou released the tool during this time, so my question is, considering that the hax is still launching on my n3ds, can i interrupt the process or should i wait until it finishes ? Thanks and sorry ^^'
just interrupt it by holding down the power button and restart your 3ds
 
this wont work with the new dsiwarehax method right? since not only the public.sav needs to be changed, but also the .app.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dodori
Could someone compare their MD5 hash for the built 3DSX file? I'm not 100% sure it built correctly but I have the file.
Here is the hash of the file built on my end.

Code:
1d58414ea318d0889802b23274d5c966  waithax-master.3dsx
 
this wont work with the new dsiwarehax method right? since not only the public.sav needs to be changed, but also the .app.
Slow hax gets full kernel execution rights meaning it can read write to anywhere it wants that's the only reason it can even make the modded save

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
 
That doesn't matter because he's not digesting the same file as you, and file names do not effect the resulting digest.
Ok then. I don't even know if that's the same file that I'm trying to run. It's directly built from the source on the GitHub repo
 
Ok then. I don't even know if that's the same file that I'm trying to run. It's directly built from the source on the GitHub repo
It's not the same file. You're trying to use the PoC, which is useless for anything practical. He's talking about the dsiwarehax installer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gnmmarechal
Last edited by bendevnull,
I used https://github.com/Mrrraou/waithax. I will look into the other repo to see if it's kind of what I'm looking for.

EDIT: Does this currently work fully? If so, that was awfully quick for an implementation!
of course it does... i implemented it in 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer in 1hour or so...
i said it was easy...
 
  • Like
Reactions: gnmmarechal
of course it does... i implemented it in 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer in 1hour or so...
i said it was easy...
Well damn. One thing though... I am having trouble building it. I get this error.
Code:
/home/ben/devkitPro/devkitARM/base_rules:84: recipe for target '3ds_dsiwarehax_installer.o' failed
make[1]: *** [3ds_dsiwarehax_installer.o] Error 1
Makefile:135: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

I am on Linux and I am building with this command
Code:
sudo DEVKITPRO=~/devkitPro/ DEVKITARM=~/devkitPro/devkitARM make

Anything I am doing wrong?
 
Well damn. One thing though... I am having trouble building it. I get this error.
Code:
/home/ben/devkitPro/devkitARM/base_rules:84: recipe for target '3ds_dsiwarehax_installer.o' failed
make[1]: *** [3ds_dsiwarehax_installer.o] Error 1
Makefile:135: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

I am on Linux and I am building with this command
Code:
sudo DEVKITPRO=~/devkitPro/ DEVKITARM=~/devkitPro/devkitARM make

Anything I am doing wrong?
if you're using sudo, ~ ($HOME) will be root's $HOME
why are you building as root ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joom

Site & Scene News