Hacking Wait for DealExtreme, or buy AceKard 2 elsewhere?

thepassionofchad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get my girlfriend an Acekard 2 for her birthday and also buy one for myself. There are currently on backorder at DealExtreme till the 4th of Jan. Everywhere else has them for over 2x the amount DealExtreme sells them (how do they get their prices so low?). I know DX sometimes has long delays for out of stock products, and I was really looking to only spend less than $20 per card, but I'm an impatient guy. Take my chances with DX or spend quite a bit more somewhere else? If someone could find me a good deal elsewhere that would be awesome too. Thanks.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thepassionofchad said:
I'm looking to get my girlfriend an Acekard 2 for her birthday and also buy one for myself. There are currently on backorder at DealExtreme till the 4th of Jan. Everywhere else has them for over 2x the amount DealExtreme sells them (how do they get their prices so low?). I know DX sometimes has long delays for out of stock products, and I was really looking to only spend less than $20 per card, but I'm an impatient guy. Take my chances with DX or spend quite a bit more somewhere else? If someone could find me a good deal elsewhere that would be awesome too. Thanks.
well since you want it really fast i would suggest dealwoot http://dealwoot.com/index.php?target=produ...roduct_id=29818 i got my cyclods evolution from them in 2 days and i live in ct and there located in California

thepassionofchad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not so much that I want it here fast, I just don't want to order from DX and it be delayed a month. Plus everywhere else the cards are $20+. So I guess what I'm asking is what are my chances of getting a back ordered item (Jan. 4) from DX in a reasonable amont of time?

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Tell me about it, I've had a pretty good experience with DX until now... My order has been in 'Expedited Order Received - in stock' for 5 days!

thepassionofchad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I really dont want to take my chances waiting that long, what's the next most expensive card any of you would recommend? Preferably it would be as nice or better than the AceKard 2.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the acekard's menu is its sweet spot that can't really be matched by any other cart. if you don't care about that though you can always just get another cart probably the edge but i doubt you would like it as much. the menu is the AKs selling point. IMO, just wait and see if they get their AKs on jan 4 and if they do buy it from them and if they don't then you can either pick something else from them or go somewhere else like dealwoot. i would wait 3 days and see if they get the AKs like you said they would on jan 4.

happy new year!

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was gonna wait on the AceKard 2 also, but instead i decided to get a M3 DS Real pack, especially since it comes with a Rumble Pack and a GBA expansion pack for only 42 bucks. And It shipped in 2 days, just gotta wait a week or so now :3.

thepassionofchad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done some more searching and I'm getting a bit frustrated. Seems every site I go to is international and takes a regular 2 weeks to ship to the US. I'm not going to wait on DX since their regular ship to arrival date is 14 days... Looks like DealWoot is probaly going to get my business. Can anyone else point me to a site that has the AceKard 2 and has an option to keep shipping down to around a week?

Can anyone comment on how long Kick Gaming's Air Shipping would take to get to the east coast US?

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After the Acekard, I would recommend the Edge.
The Edge is a better card, but the Acekard is a lot cheaper if you are purchasing quite a few.

I had 5 Acekards on back order with DX for weeks, in the end I contacted them and swapped the for Edge cards, as I have people waiting for them.

londongamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I originally bought my first card from the guys on BritDS and raved reviews about them (and subsequently bought several more in time for Christmas!) but found out just before Christmas, after I placed my orders (phew!), that they're shut!

Now, I sent them an email and got two really interesting bits of info from them, which I thought I'd share here.

1. I think for some reason, management there didn't want the risk of R4 cards being made illegal halfway through 2009, so they wanted to stop the website, but the guy that was always on the end of my emails, John I think, got a contact to set up the old http://www.NDS-Gear.co.uk site that existed before BritDS, and they're back up!

2. Some very interesting information confirming that the R4 cards are indeed legal; this is the link they posted to me:

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...icle4484224.ece

In particular, this quote:

The problem is that the device itself is not illegal. “It’s the purposes that people use it for that’s often illegal,” says Rob Saunders, a spokesman for Nintendo UK.

So, if you use your cards to only backup games you legally own, they are indeed perfectly legal to own, and that's a quote from a Nintendo guy speaking to The Times!

Homebrew (and the concept of customer service on the 'net) isn't dead - hurray!

I also notice NDS-Gear put up a Legal page on the right hand side explaining exactly what's legal and isn't with a card, which is kind of useful.

I've never had an order take more than 3 working days from these guys though, so I can definitely vouch for them. I've been buying cards for my friends recently!
smile.gif

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
londongamer said:
The problem is that the device itself is not illegal. “It’s the purposes that people use it for that’s often illegal,” says Rob Saunders, a spokesman for Nintendo UK.

So, if you use your cards to only backup games you legally own, they are indeed perfectly legal to own, and that's a quote from a Nintendo guy speaking to The Times!

Homebrew (and the concept of customer service on the 'net) isn't dead - hurray!
In America and virtually all of it's trading partners, you're allowed a single backup copy for insurance purposes, but using it, changing it, touching it is illegal. Flashcarts have never been illegal.

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Search Acekard on this site Im pretty sure they have them.

P.S. Im gonna be honest with you, that is a referral link, that gets me points when u by something. Nothing bad will happen to u, everything will go as normal, but I will get points for referring someone, so I would prefer u use it.

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

gastonfish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ordered the Acekard 2 from Focalprice? Is it the v2.1 the picture in the discription dosn't state it is but there CS is saying what they sell is v2.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly