OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I mentioned this yesterday in another thread but was wanting more insight:

If I install WADs to the Wii, they work fine. If i go to Disk Management and move the channels to SD Cad - SOME of them work (very few, honestly) but a lot don't. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Games like Phantasy Star I, Smash Bros, Paper Mario and a couple others work.

Phantasy Star 2-4, Shining Force 1/2, Shining in the Darkness, Mario Tennis don't work. "Failed to launch" is what I'm given almost immediately.

My Wii has 2800 free blocks on it when I try to run them, so I do know that the NAND needs to be able to fit it etc etc.

Anyone familiar with this issue? Just trying to keep all the ones I liked installed constantly, not swapping them.

Thanks for the help!

WII_GUY

Trophies
XP
Country
Im no expert but I think if u installed wads on wii, then the data is on wii

and if u move channels, some data still remains in wii.

I have no solution, u can just ignore this reply.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you set up some sort of emunand to play wiiware/vc games from. The way I understand it, the Wii needs to load those game to internal memory to play them, thus all that writing to the internal memory is going to wear it out. As for the games that don't work with your method of playing them, perhaps making more free blocks on the internal memory might let you play the non-working games.

Oh, I just noticed this is an old post, nice bump wii guy. :gun:

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to run channels, that you didn't buy from the eshop, from the Wii's SD Menu, you need to implement the trucha bug on whatever IOS that Wii Menu uses. I'd recommend going the EmuNAND route, though. Going through the Wii's SD Menu copies whichever channel you're running to the NAND temporarily. So you have to deal with a long initial load time, and it's a good way to shorten your NAND's life (though you'll probably still have quite a few years on it).

EmuNAND will allow you to run channels directly from the SD, instead of caching them to the NAND. So you save your NAND some stress and you don't have to deal with the long initial load. Some channels might not work with it, depending on your method and cIOS, but those few that don't work you can just keep on the NAND. You should have plenty of space on the NAND at that point.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the emunand route is

The only NAND emulator I've really messed with is through USB Loader GX. In the custom paths, you can set where you want the EmuNAND to be. You can also dump your NAND to the EmuNAND in the features. You can also install WADs to the EmuNAND in the features as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up