Hacking Wad Manager won't load...Ret = -1 error

danny404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the deal, and I will try to be as thorough as I can without sounding like a noob (even though I am).

I am using version 3.4U, HBC, and Back Launcher Channel. As for how they were installed and details, I am not sure as they were done by someone else.

So just recently, I run into multiple problems playing backups, Virtual Tennis 09, Punch Out, Tiger Woods 10, pretty much all the new games I download are a no go. The error is your typical disc error #002.

So I start to get back into the forums, and most solutions suggests installing the new back up launcher using wad manager.

Well my wad manager doesn't work.

I keep getting the Ret = -1 error after running wad manager v1.3 and v1.4, installing the CIOS 36 that came with it. NOthing.

I spent the better part of my Saturday digging in various forums.

Well this morning, I finally find gamma v4 with straight boot.dol that I just dropped in a folder and booted all the new games from there perfectly. I was so unbelievably happy.

However, this still doesn't solve my problem why my wad manager won't work?

Any ideas.

danny404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all my folders show up, wad manager shows up. I've read a solution is to rename the root folder to wad? I don't have a root folder wad. I have my regular apps folder and everything in there.

I've also tried multiple, over 5 different brand of SDs, formatted with fat32 or fat16, tried both.

I've tried to choose load from USB, same error.

I am going crazy here!

I mean my backups load, but I want to have it as a channel.

Thanks for your help in advance.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create the folder WAD in the ROOT of the SD. Put you Wads in there and you will be fine.
smile.gif

danny404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am an idiot...

You are absolutely right...

How come no one mentioned in any of the forums that the fix to ret = -1 is to add an root folder "wad"?

Or I am just an idiot...

Thank you

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
danny404 said:
I am an idiot...

You are absolutely right...

How come no one mentioned in any of the forums that the fix to ret = -1 is to add an root folder "wad"?

Or I am just an idiot...

Thank you

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 21 2009, 11:53 PM) Do you have the proper folder on your sd card?

Sorry, that this was to implicate to read the readme/release notes to get to know what folder your need.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
another noob question getting answered for the 10millionth and 1 times
PLEASE READ THE STICKIES AND DO A SEARCH
error-1 shows up lots of noobs like u asking about this