Homebrew WAD Manager Wiiware/VC WAD - Ticket (-2011) Error

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install some VC and Wiiware with wad manager but they all give me a -2011 Error.

Opera Internet browser installed fine.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Error -2011 occurs when you are using a non-Trucha Bug IOS to install your WAD files. Try using IOS36, IOS236, IOS249, or IOS250, depending on what you've installed.

You do not need a patched system menu to play pirated WiiWare/VC games, though you'll need it to run them off the SD card.

Reactions: 1 person

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CarbonX13 said:
Error -2011 occurs when you are using a non-Trucha Bug IOS to install your WAD files. Try using IOS36, IOS236, IOS249, or IOS250, depending on what you've installed.

You do not need a patched system menu to play pirated WiiWare/VC games, though you'll need it to run them off the SD card.
Correct, but it's not the System Menu you patch. Just to clarify things, in order to run fakesigned WiiWare/VLC content off of the SD menu you need to patch the IOS that the currently installed System Menu version runs on. For example the latest System Menu 4.3 uses IOS80, so you need to patch IOS80 with the Trucha Bug in order to play fakesigned WiiWare/VLC content of the SD card menu.

-[]D

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I not really sure what all the other stuff you guys are talking about. When I first got the games to install I was able to run them from the menu with out any extra patching, I also ended up moving them all to SD to save space on the wii and still no extra patching or anything and they are running fine.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KazoWAR said:
I not really sure what all the other stuff you guys are talking about. When I first got the games to install I was able to run them from the menu with out any extra patching, I also ended up moving them all to SD to save space on the wii and still no extra patching or anything and they are running fine.
All CarbonX13's and my talk about the patched System Menu IOS was in response to Magsor's post in attempt to clarify things, a tad bit off topic, sorry.

But as for your problem, CarbonX13 is dead on with the top of his post. If you are getting an -2011 error when trying to install a WAD, the IOS/cIOS that the WAD installer is using does not have the Trucha Bug / Fakesign patch any longer. So you can either choose another IOS/cIOS in your system that has the Trucha Bug to use with the WAD installer, or re-install the IOS/cIOS you were using before. Most common cIOS used to install other WADs are cIOS249 or cIOS236/IOS36.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30