Wad manager v1.6 problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by simz1987, May 13, 2010.

May 13, 2010

Wad manager v1.6 problem by simz1987 at 1:47 PM (1,660 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. simz1987
    OP

Newcomer simz1987 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I don't know if this has been discussed before, i tried searching but couldn't find anything, the problem is when running the wad manager v1.6 i keep getting retrieving file list... ERROR! (ret = -1) when using a sd card, i tried using different ios at the option screen before asking for which device but all are coming up with this error.

Please can you help me with this problem, im using a 4.2e wii soft modded.

Thankyou

Edited 15:26 - Tried using other wad managers and still coming up with same error so it isn't something wrong with the wad manager.

2. egurgle

Member egurgle GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    All my problems were solved using cIOS 249/250 rev17/19 with IOS 38 as base,,, other errors are associated with Tucha bug missing.

3. hobbykitjr

Newcomer hobbykitjr Member

United States
    Can someone help me w/ a similar problem, or describe what you did to solve yours if its fixed?

http://gbatemp.net/t227447-wad-manager-1-6-freeze-or-crash-on-load?gopid=2838785&#entry2838785

I guess i posted in the wrong section?

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Yes...kinda (it's not really hardware related).

But anyway...to the both of you: are you sure of the version? As of current, the latest released version is 1.5 (though this source tells it's not too long 'till release[/url]. Could it be that you just got a buggy beta version from somewhere?

5. hobbykitjr

Newcomer hobbykitjr Member

United States
  6. simz1987
    OP

Newcomer simz1987 Newbie

United Kingdom
    well i managed to find an alternative to using wads by using a app called multi mod manager which is quite useful but not as good looking as other wad managers out there

7. bluebowser31

Member bluebowser31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    mine just sends me to the main menu [​IMG]

i think i need to download a IOS? (i want to get custom forwarder channels onto my wii menu (4.2) and which ios should i get?) sorry for not helping OP, but i didnt want to make a stupid repeat topic...

8. Kadin

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    I just recently had the exact same issue... and I was using both a standard SD and SDHC card with 1.6. I went down to 1.5 and the error went away and now works fine.

I've read on many sites that this specific error usually is, or most of the time, is card related. Meaning it might need to be reformatted or the version of Wad Manager doesn't like an SDHC card, etc.