TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Any offline installation?

2. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Great mods! Thanks!

One question tho:

I seem to be having an issue if two Wiimotes are active when loading WadManager. After loading, the number one wiimote will completely loose sync, and the number two wiimote will be stuck as "2". You cannot go any further from there, and must power off and on the console to restore functionality. In other words, it works just fine if one one wiimote is synced to the console. But if two are synced, you'll be trapped inside of wad manager (not being able to navigate or exit with the unsynced wiimote #1.

Any ideas?

3. thisdorkagain

thisdorkagain Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    anybody having issues mounting a usb drive with this? because i have 6 gb of wad and it can't all fit in my sd card.

4. wiiNinja

OP wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I tried it with a 8GB thumb drive and it worked fine.

5. thisdorkagain

thisdorkagain Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    yeah. i'm having an issue still. even with waninkoko's WM 1.5. i'm on 4.1U, cIOS rev 14, with a 250gb WD Passport.

I do IOS249, nand device disabled, usb 2.0 and it gets stuck at "please wait, mounting..."

6. Jeomite

Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had this problem too.
    I created a \WAD\ folder on my USB FAT32 drive and it fixed it...

7. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Nevermind. I was using mod1 previously. I just tested mod3, and the problem is no longer there. You must have done something to fix it [​IMG]

8. Meannekes

Meannekes GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    WAD Manager with SMB support would be great [​IMG]

because i make a lot of WAD´s by myself and that would speed up the testings
    and you dont have to use other app´s to transfer the wad´s or to go to your pc with your SD card

hope you can do that (if you want [​IMG])

9. thisdorkagain

thisdorkagain Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    that's what i did and it still doesn't mount. i did "wad" and "WAD" to see if case sensitivity was a problem. seems like it didn't work yet. but i'm able to mount the drive just fine in 1.4. just not in this new 1.5

10. Bloodlust

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Ok, I have a problem with rev14. Before that was on rev10 and my HDD was able to mount (FAT32/1st partition).

After switching to rev14, wad manager returns an err =-1. WM 1.4 reports the same error.

USB loader works though...

Oops.. works now after creating a WAD folder on the root...

11. Meannekes

Meannekes GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    bump..

can someone modify WadManager to have smb support?

so you can directly install your wad´s from your pc, and dont have to transfer them

12. wiiNinja

OP wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There's already an effort going on to build a Wad Manager with full GUI by giantpune and others. That WadManager, I believe, will allow user to install wads from the PC. From what I can tell, they are close; so just wait for that one. But they're using a ftp server to accomplish that instead of SMB. The SMB that is currently in libogc is a client, not a server, therefore a little tricky to implement the feature you're talking about. Is there a SMB server already built for the Wii?

Because of the GUI wad manager, and because I consider this tool to be a basic tool, a dooms day utility, I'm a little hesitant adding more functionality to it. But it's open source, so I welcome all contributions.

13. piratesmack

piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nice work, wiininja.
    Thank you very much.

Small request:
    I liked how in the older versions of wad manager, you could uninstall a wad by pressing '-' and install a wad by pressing '+'.
    Think you could add that to your mod?

Feel free to ignore, I could just do it myself. [​IMG]

14. bdr9

bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well the reason recent WAD managers don't do that AFAIK is because many people were accidentally pressing - instead of + and bricking their Wii's by uninstalling IOSes or the system menu.

15. computerboy

computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Swaziland
  16. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Canada
    Indeed there is.

MPlayer CE uses SMB servers. Allows you to access shared folders on your network and play files off them.

17. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Canada
    After some more testing, I've learned some more about the problem.

I tried reformatting my card again. Then I stuck my apps folder and wad folder on it. Popped it in the Wii and loaded up Wad Manager 1.5 from the HBC. I was able to access the SDHC card and install wads.

I then went back and added a large 700mb movie onto the SDHC card and popped it back in my Wii. I loaded Wad Manager again, chose to access SD like usual, and got the error ret -1 again.

So this is very odd, that it can suddenly stop working merely from adding files. I'm don't know much about SD/SDHC card structure, but perhaps someone else does and could explain why this might be.. Oh and even after removing the large video file, WM still can't access the card.

18. Wiiwu

Wiiwu GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    Possibly a bug in the way it handles fat or directories entries. Code encounter some unknown condition and croaked?

19. lithium210

lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    is there anything we can add to the config to make the wad manager exit back to the wii instead of the hbc?

20. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

United States
    Just launch Wad Manager using a forwader and you'll be back to Wii when exiting.
    I'm guessing it goes back to HBC since you launch it from HBC inf the first place..

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Manager, support, folder