Hacking Wad Manager v1.5 with folder support

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great mods! Thanks!

One question tho:

I seem to be having an issue if two Wiimotes are active when loading WadManager. After loading, the number one wiimote will completely loose sync, and the number two wiimote will be stuck as "2". You cannot go any further from there, and must power off and on the console to restore functionality. In other words, it works just fine if one one wiimote is synced to the console. But if two are synced, you'll be trapped inside of wad manager (not being able to navigate or exit with the unsynced wiimote #1.

Any ideas?

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:
What installs cIOS's on 202, 222, 223?

Search for Hermes cIOS or uLoader.

Any offline installation?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=170...p;#entry2155382

zektor said:
Great mods! Thanks!

One question tho:

I seem to be having an issue if two Wiimotes are active when loading WadManager. After loading, the number one wiimote will completely loose sync, and the number two wiimote will be stuck as "2". You cannot go any further from there, and must power off and on the console to restore functionality. In other words, it works just fine if one one wiimote is synced to the console. But if two are synced, you'll be trapped inside of wad manager (not being able to navigate or exit with the unsynced wiimote #1.

Any ideas?

I have not even tried anything like this. I'll see what happens.

QUOTE(thisdorkagain @ Aug 4 2009, 05:32 PM)
anybody having issues mounting a usb drive with this? because i have 6 gb of wad and it can't all fit in my sd card.

I tried it with a 8GB thumb drive and it worked fine.

thisdorkagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. i'm having an issue still. even with waninkoko's WM 1.5. i'm on 4.1U, cIOS rev 14, with a 250gb WD Passport.

I do IOS249, nand device disabled, usb 2.0 and it gets stuck at "please wait, mounting..."

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thisdorkagain said:
yeah. i'm having an issue still. even with waninkoko's WM 1.5. i'm on 4.1U, cIOS rev 14, with a 250gb WD Passport.

I do IOS249, nand device disabled, usb 2.0 and it gets stuck at "please wait, mounting..."
I had this problem too.
I created a \WAD\ folder on my USB FAT32 drive and it fixed it...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
zektor said:
Great mods! Thanks!

One question tho:

Any ideas?

I have not even tried anything like this. I'll see what happens.

Nevermind. I was using mod1 previously. I just tested mod3, and the problem is no longer there. You must have done something to fix it
smile.gif

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WAD Manager with SMB support would be great
smile.gif

because i make a lot of WAD´s by myself and that would speed up the testings
and you dont have to use other app´s to transfer the wad´s or to go to your pc with your SD card

hope you can do that (if you want
biggrin.gif
)

thisdorkagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeomite said:
thisdorkagain said:

I had this problem too.
I created a \WAD\ folder on my USB FAT32 drive and it fixed it...

that's what i did and it still doesn't mount. i did "wad" and "WAD" to see if case sensitivity was a problem. seems like it didn't work yet. but i'm able to mount the drive just fine in 1.4. just not in this new 1.5

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ok, I have a problem with rev14. Before that was on rev10 and my HDD was able to mount (FAT32/1st partition).

After switching to rev14, wad manager returns an err =-1. WM 1.4 reports the same error.

USB loader works though...

Oops.. works now after creating a WAD folder on the root...

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bump..

can someone modify WadManager to have smb support?

so you can directly install your wad´s from your pc, and dont have to transfer them

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's already an effort going on to build a Wad Manager with full GUI by giantpune and others. That WadManager, I believe, will allow user to install wads from the PC. From what I can tell, they are close; so just wait for that one. But they're using a ftp server to accomplish that instead of SMB. The SMB that is currently in libogc is a client, not a server, therefore a little tricky to implement the feature you're talking about. Is there a SMB server already built for the Wii?

Because of the GUI wad manager, and because I consider this tool to be a basic tool, a dooms day utility, I'm a little hesitant adding more functionality to it. But it's open source, so I welcome all contributions.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work, wiininja.
Thank you very much.

Small request:
I liked how in the older versions of wad manager, you could uninstall a wad by pressing '-' and install a wad by pressing '+'.
Think you could add that to your mod?

Feel free to ignore, I could just do it myself.
smile.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:
Nice work, wiininja.
Thank you very much.

Small request:
I liked how in the older versions of wad manager, you could uninstall a wad by pressing '-' and install a wad by pressing '+'.
Think you could add that to your mod?

Feel free to ignore, I could just do it myself.
smile.gif
Well the reason recent WAD managers don't do that AFAIK is because many people were accidentally pressing - instead of + and bricking their Wii's by uninstalling IOSes or the system menu.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiiNinja said:
There's already an effort going on to build a Wad Manager with full GUI by giantpune and others. That WadManager, I believe, will allow user to install wads from the PC. From what I can tell, they are close; so just wait for that one. But they're using a ftp server to accomplish that instead of SMB. The SMB that is currently in libogc is a client, not a server, therefore a little tricky to implement the feature you're talking about. Is there a SMB server already built for the Wii?
Indeed there is.

MPlayer CE uses SMB servers. Allows you to access shared folders on your network and play files off them.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiiNinja said:
Mod3 is up:

* Add new params to wm_config.txt to automate the selection of IOS, Storage Device and NAND Selection
* WiiLight mod by mariomaniac33

Enjoy

I'm really stumped on the SDHC issue on some user's Wii. I have tested a couple of different brands of SDHC cards on my Wii and they work fine. My cIOSes: 249 (14), 202, 222, 223. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

After some more testing, I've learned some more about the problem.

I tried reformatting my card again. Then I stuck my apps folder and wad folder on it. Popped it in the Wii and loaded up Wad Manager 1.5 from the HBC. I was able to access the SDHC card and install wads.

I then went back and added a large 700mb movie onto the SDHC card and popped it back in my Wii. I loaded Wad Manager again, chose to access SD like usual, and got the error ret -1 again.

So this is very odd, that it can suddenly stop working merely from adding files. I'm don't know much about SD/SDHC card structure, but perhaps someone else does and could explain why this might be.. Oh and even after removing the large video file, WM still can't access the card.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just launch Wad Manager using a forwader and you'll be back to Wii when exiting.
I'm guessing it goes back to HBC since you launch it from HBC inf the first place..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: