Hacking WAD for any USBLoader that supports NTFS?

h4x0rmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to use a USB loader for the first time. I have a 4.2 softmoded. I got Configurable USB Loader and Wiiflow to work, but not USB Loader GX. By the way my HD is formated as NTFS.
I was looking for a WAD to install any of those programs, but the ones I've found give me an error. I don't know if it's the wad or some conf on my wii. I have installed a couple of WAD/channels before (to play my backup discs), but this time I get an Error -1029.
I was using the wads that are here http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/usb (Actually, the ones linked from that page)

Any suggestions?
I will really appreciate it!

h4x0rmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
do you have hermes v4 installed? you need to set usbgx to load with hermes instead of waninkokos for fat32/ntfs

I'm sorry, but how do I set usbgx to load with hermes?
I guess this is only for usbgx to work, right? Or is it for the wads?

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only to make usbgx work. Goto options n change ios to 222 or 223 but that's only IF you have Hermes v4 installed. Otherwise it will crash gx. Also make sure you are on the latest usbgx. For you other problem google the error code, it's been answered a few hundred times

h4x0rmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
Only to make usbgx work. Goto options n change ios to 222 or 223 but that's only IF you have Hermes v4 installed. Otherwise it will crash gx. Also make sure you are on the latest usbgx. For you other problem google the error code, it's been answered a few hundred times

Thanks for the help!
I got usbgx to work, I just can't get the loader to work (it loads and it can even download the covers, but it won't run the only game I have on the HD. I'll do some research, but I'll appreciate it if you guys can help and have an idea of what's going on.

Thanks again!

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usbloadergx is just naturally buggy from my experience. If you have CFG loader working you might as well just use that, its not missing any major features from GX...

but if you're adamant about getting GX working, definitely would help to find out what cIOS revisions you have installed, what version of GX you have, which forwarder or channel wad you are using, and which IOS you are using to install the wad... and what exactly is happening (you say you got gx to work but not the loader... do you mean you can use the forwarder channel to get into the loader but then it doesn't see the games after that? if so it definitely sounds like you don't have it using the right cIOS, GX is touchy about that)

h4x0rmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
usbloadergx is just naturally buggy from my experience. If you have CFG loader working you might as well just use that, its not missing any major features from GX...

but if you're adamant about getting GX working, definitely would help to find out what cIOS revisions you have installed, what version of GX you have, which forwarder or channel wad you are using, and which IOS you are using to install the wad... and what exactly is happening (you say you got gx to work but not the loader... do you mean you can use the forwarder channel to get into the loader but then it doesn't see the games after that? if so it definitely sounds like you don't have it using the right cIOS, GX is touchy about that)

I don't want any loader in specific, but I want one installed as a channel (not forwarder) and easy to use (for my family). So far I got CFG to work in the SD and as a channel, but as a channel you have to select the partition and follow 4-5 screens before you actually start playing (I'm afraid that my family could mess up with the config or something).
WiiFlow seems to be working ok in the SD, but I couldn't find a wad to install it as a channel, I only found the forwarder.
Loader GX doesn't see the games when on the SD, it knows my partition is there, though. As a channel seems to be working ok until I try to run the game. It can even download covers and do other stuff.

By the way, is there a way to store the covers on the HD instead of the SD on any of these 3 programs?

Thanks for the help!

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for CFG, run the configurator on your PC. you can set a default partition and everything so it doesn't ask you every time you start it up. it also lets you specify a path for covers. oh, and it has lock features so you can lock out certain features so your family can't screw it up.

not sure why you specifically want a full channel instead of a forwarder... as far as I know the difference is what, a second on initial load?

actually if you really want to make it simple you can skip the forwarder and just put the boot.dol file in the root of your SD card and have priiloader boot straight into that
biggrin.gif

don't know about wiiflow... but for GX, still sounds like an IOS issue like ol buggy mentioned in the ifrst reply.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
h4x0rmx said:
By the way, is there a way to store the covers on the HD instead of the SD on any of these 3 programs?

If you format your hard drive to FAT32 then you can store all your apps and games and graphics (and anything else you can think of).
You don't even need an SD card once it's setup.

Easiest is to store usb loader gx on the hard drive and install a forwarder.

h4x0rmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
for CFG, run the configurator on your PC. you can set a default partition and everything so it doesn't ask you every time you start it up. it also lets you specify a path for covers. oh, and it has lock features so you can lock out certain features so your family can't screw it up.

not sure why you specifically want a full channel instead of a forwarder... as far as I know the difference is what, a second on initial load?

actually if you really want to make it simple you can skip the forwarder and just put the boot.dol file in the root of your SD card and have priiloader boot straight into that
biggrin.gif

don't know about wiiflow... but for GX, still sounds like an IOS issue like ol buggy mentioned in the ifrst reply.

I'll just use the forwarder. WiiFlow and Cfg are working just right!
Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg