vWii will not show up on monitor or 4k TV unless I set the Wii U display settings to 480p

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. I've tried this on two TVs and a monitor, but it only displays vWii on the gamepad. The only way to get it to display also on TV is to set the Wii U settings to 480p. I don't like, it should automatically switch on the fly. Is there a solution? Currently the Wii U is unmodded
EDIT: So this issue doesn't come up when I plug it into an older HDTV, it goes into dual mode on tv and gamepad. Perhaps this is just an issue with vWii and specific newer displays? The display it worked on properly caps at 1080p, while the TV I tried was 4k and the monitor 1440p.

Last edited by YamiJustin,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. I've tried this on two TVs and a monitor, but it only displays vWii on the gamepad. The only way to get it to display also on TV is to set the Wii U settings to 480p. I don't like, it should automatically switch on the fly. Is there a solution? Currently the Wii U is unmodded
EDIT: So this issue doesn't come up when I plug it into an older HDTV, it goes into dual mode on tv and gamepad. Perhaps this is just an issue with vWii and specific newer displays? The display it worked on properly caps at 1080p, while the TV I tried was 4k and the monitor 1440p.
well im using a last year lg 4k tv and my wiiu works on both ways without me having to change anything, maybe your tv models cant switch resolution on the fly or something? no idea.

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im using a last year lg 4k tv and my wiiu works on both ways without me having to change anything, maybe your tv models cant switch resolution on the fly or something? no idea.
Yeah, I wish I had tested that before I installed Tiramisu, just so that I know I didn't do something wrong. But almost everyone is saying Tiramisu wouldn't cause an issue like this. I'm having some deja vu right now in this convo.. weird.
Yeah, it is weird that an old tiny HDTV will accept the signal change. I guess my dad's 4K TV (which isn't a great one) and my 165hz 1440p monitor just don't adjust well to it on the fly

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I wish I had tested that before I installed Tiramisu, just so that I know I didn't do something wrong. But almost everyone is saying Tiramisu wouldn't cause an issue like this. I'm having some deja vu right now in this convo.. weird.
Yeah, it is weird that an old tiny HDTV will accept the signal change. I guess my dad's 4K TV (which isn't a great one) and my 165hz 1440p monitor just don't adjust well to it on the fly
well i dont use tiramisu i got cbhc for life xD

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Have you tried it with tiramisu disabled? I think running the wii u with no card kind of does it. Although my Tiramisued wii u has no issues with vWii.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

I don't think there's supposed to be a signal change (technically speaking).
An unmodified Wii U on HDMI, stretches vWii to the selected resolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F