Hacking Hardware Homebrew vWii vs OSSC Wii Picture?

marioluigipeach10

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 14, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
4
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
147
Country
United States
I'm wondering whether I should shell out the money for one of those fancy OSSC converters from component to HDMI or whether I should just stick to my Wii U? I've upgraded from my old Panasonic display to a newer 4K TV, so component is no longer an option. Not without a converter at least. I've heard many different things about vWii and how it botches up the picture, from chroma key shifts to shrinking the screen for no apparent reason.

Also, my vWii home-brew is really broken so it's kind of a huge let down and a the reason why I wanna stick with the Wii (that and gamecube memory card).

Thanks!
 
Last edited by kineticUk,
Priiloader is now compatible with the Wii U, and that too offers the option to remove the deflicker at all times in the Wii mode, it works great!
 
Beware that the OSSC may not be a 'plug and play' solution, requiring you to change different settings to get a picture you like.

It does support profiles though and using and mSD download them from online.

I don't know how good they are, buy you can get HDMI adapters for the Wii which may be easier if you exclusively want it for the Wii.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted