Hacking vWii USB Loader GX, should I see cLIOS version?

GFam

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all,

I am currently trying to work on a problem I saw resolved here:
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-and-vwii-microphone-does-it-work.488124

I saw that step 1 really was getting USB Loader GX set up. During my reading learning and doing on this task, I saw that a lot of the use for that is to launch Wii games from external HDD.

Perhaps someone could tell me right away of Im just wasting my time, or if I can make what Im trying to work on, succeed.
I am trying to use USB Loader GX so that the Wii U microphone I have will work with the inserted Wii Disc I have that I try to use in the vWii. In my head, I thought the Mount option within USB Loader GX could be used to apply what I wanted.

It was my understanding that once I put down cIOS it would help the vWii acknowledge the existence of those back USB ports. Then it would pick up the microphone I wanted it to. It didnt occur to me until I dug in quite deep that some of the posts I had been reading, were from people using USB Loader GX games from an HDD, not from a physical disc, and had the added advantage of configuring the settings of the game before launching it.

To setup cIOS and set up the USB Loader GX, I used these posts as reference:
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852
gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890
For troubleshooting I did a search within the Wii U forums Backup Loaders sections... and really just tried to look at Cyan's old posts specifically.

When I open USB Loader GX, and go to Credits, Im expecting to see the cIOS information in the top right corner. so like IOS 249 or 250 or 251,and then below that in brackets the d2x details (d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii).
However I do not see that I see only the IOS58.

So after we setup our cIOS, and then out in the USB Loader GX, is there any user input that needs to be done for it to pick up and use the cIOS? I have to presume thats why my USB in the back still arent recognizing anything there, and why the person said they were able to make it work (gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-and-vwii-microphone-does-it-work.488124/).

So basically my questions are:
1) Can USB Loader GX be used to play a physical copy disc-game (Wii singing game) in VWii that wants to see the USB microphone plugged in.
2) do I have to set USB Loader GX in some way so that the cIOS setup I did takes effect?

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-