OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So here's my headache. I stupidly installed Wii IOS58 on my vWii not knowing it was different. After installation my console rebooted and my homebrew channel
refused to boot. I tried to reinstall HBC via smash stack and it froze on the first warning screen. I've tried to reinstall the real vWii IOS58 with wad manager, YAWMM, Multi-mod manager. None of them work. Someone please help me!

D

Deleted User

Isn't going to be a tool since any tool would probably require copyrighted code. And technically the problem shouldn't be happening since vWii is patched on the fly.

When you say none of them work, you mean it refuses to install the WAD?

Can you try reloading the IOS to 249-251? Same result?

Janglez311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Did you install the CIOS d2x into 249-251 before all this happened? YAWMM should have an option to choose IOS. I'll know exactly when I get home from work

Edit:

When you first load YAWMM - you should get a message about HW_AHBPROT is disabled - Do you want to load another IOS anyway? Choose YES.

Then it should ask you what IOS to use, try 249.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So here's my headache. I stupidly installed Wii IOS58 on my vWii not knowing it was different. After installation my console rebooted and my homebrew channel
refused to boot. I tried to reinstall HBC via smash stack and it froze on the first warning screen. I've tried to reinstall the real vWii IOS58 with wad manager, YAWMM, Multi-mod manager. None of them work. Someone please help me!
Why does this keep happening? I realize you didn't know it was different, but what led you to think you needed to reinstall IOS58? Is there some guide people keep following?

The only way to re-install a vIOS is by packing a wad from a NAND backup you made. Hopefully that was the first thing you did after installing the HBC.

D

Deleted User

Well I guess it's irrelevant if you didn't install any CIOS. Not sure if there's a way out unless you can maybe install IOS36 into slot 236 and run from there. Someone else may have some insight. Do you have a NAND dump? Most ways to recover is using other IOS with access to install WADS, however it looks like you may not have any.

Janglez311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does this keep happening? I realize you didn't know it was different, but what led you to think you needed to reinstall IOS58? Is there some guide people keep following?

The only way to re-install a vIOS is by packing a wad from a NAND backup you made. Hopefully that was the first thing you did after installing the HBC.

This is what happened. I was trying to get the GameCube emulator "nintendont" to work. it said I needed a patched ios58 and it didn't work so I thought I needed to reinstall ios58 and thus the problems began. I don't have a backup of my system. However I have vwii ios58.wad but it won't install.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This is what happened. I was trying to get the GameCube emulator "nintendont" to work. it said I needed a patched ios58 and it didn't work so I thought I needed to reinstall ios58 and thus the problems began. I don't have a backup of my system. However I have vwii ios58.wad but it won't install.
  1. Nintendont isn't a GameCube emulator. I should know, I worked on it.
  2. You need an unpatched vIOS to have it work.
  3. Use this to install the vIOS58 wad, then immediately do a NAND backup.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
D

Deleted User

Exactly. He has no vulnerable IOS, so no way of installing anything. Update probably won't work since 58 is patched and at worst it will fail. Only thing you could hope for I imagine is when a game with a 5.0 update comes on the disc.

D

Deleted User

They usually do, however, the last time vWii was touched by an update was back on 4.0 I believe. There was some success with people using MarioKart 8 to update to 4.1 and fixing the issue of incorrect IOS. However, with you being on 4.1, the only logical thought is to find a disc with 5.0. Which to my knowledge won't exist for a couple of months.

I know it's really a long shot and a destructive process, but can you uninstall the Wii IOS58 you put it in there? My thought is it will probably throw the same ticket error. I do know some people were able to delete the wrong IOS and then update. In your case though, it may not be possible since you don't have 236, 249, 250, or 251 available for use. Your best bet would just be to wait till a disc based game with v5 comes out and hope for the best. If it fixes it, then follow the guide I listed above.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In nintendont thread, I wrote in RED BIG BOLD LETTERS to never install or touch IOS58 on vWii !
I also wrote that the IOS58 issue is NOT A vWII ERROR, only a WII. If you don't see the message "your IOS58 is wrong" then it's not wrong. don't try to fix it. If nintendont doesn't work, it's another issue.
I really don't know how to prevent users from installing Wii IOS on their vWii :(

it said I needed a patched ios58
Where did you read that? Did you follow a guide on another website (which one)?
because on the contrary, you need a clean, unpatched IOS58.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night