Hacking ...and now my Wii U has been wrecked. (Update to an earlier situation, and a warning)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read that converting them using dol2elf doesn't produce correct files, but converting dol to elf worked back when HBC started refusing bad .dol file.
I think it's better to recompile and keep the elf.

KhX-3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this is weird. As a side note, I just went to the Homebrew Channel website at http://hbc.hackmii.com/ to just to have the Hackmii installer in general, and the site seems to be completely down. This is the first time in a long time i've noticed the site being dead. Isitdownrightnow.com also confirms it. The Homebrew Channel Website is dead. Weird.

KhX-3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Sooo.... Using this method, I used Homebrew Launcher 1.0, using Smash Stack to get that going and get into Wii Mod (thankfully) which works.

The weird part being that IOS 249 and 250? Gone. Which is strange because I never touched those and they're just totally not there, now. Even more weird, that it had IOS38 loaded, and yes, IOS58 is also not working.

I can't seem to install the vWii IOS58 back again, because it says that it failed to install that and all. Ticket error. (ret = -2011) ....And there's no IOS249 or IOS250 to switch to. (I have literally no earthly idea why). Any way there is possible to install any kind of IOS I can switch to, in order to install this vWii IOS58 back onto it properly?

Even so... this is more progress than before. At LEAST I can get into the system and load homebrew straight from Smashstack, which is helpful at the least. It's better than it was. Or... at the very least, some program to load here that can restore things back to the default, to make my vWii a "virgin", so to speak?

KhX-3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the meantime, did you try my earlier suggestion? I think you can at least get your Wii U games to work.

Yeah, that seems to not be a problem anymore. getting discs to run, that is. However, my main concern now is getting my Wii U firmware update and eshop privileges back, without it erroring out with 162-0002 when I try to update. (Becuase there seems to be conflicting reports on whether or not it's checking the vWii IOS's before updating, and it's the only thing I can think of that I've done causing it.)

That's what i'm even trying to do here by getting homebrew back. That somehow, though the use of homebrew (which I finally got working now) there might be some way to restore my vWii and the correct IOS's, and fix what ever is causing the update error. To make everything happy again. :P

KhX-3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh wow. Weird.

So I finally got this to work, and also got it to properly install the vWii IOS58 installer.... but I need a proper vWii IOS58-64-v6432.wad, to install. That seems to be the primary thing I need.

KhX-3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES. YES. YES. YES. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE INSTALLED the VWII IOSS58 (after locating it somewhere), and FIXED EVERYTHING!!!!

As soon as I installed that, the vWii works just fine, now.

Also, I was able to successfully update the Firmware for the WII U, after fixing IOS58, as well!!!

So I have Homebrew back, the new update, AND the eShop back!! Thanks ever so much for your help! Everyone! Thank you so much for helping.

I thought it was a lost cause, but thanks to you guys, it wasn't. HAPPY END.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was following this, didn't have a clue how to get it sorted but glad you did in the end.

Well done gbatemp on another awesome save

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A new happy member ! :yay:

This is great you could fix your problem, It wasn't as desperate as it seemed.
It will also help future users in your case.

Have a happy gaming now

Janglez311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YES. YES. YES. YES. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE INSTALLED the VWII IOSS58 (after locating it somewhere), and FIXED EVERYTHING!!!!

As soon as I installed that, the vWii works just fine, now.

Also, I was able to successfully update the Firmware for the WII U, after fixing IOS58, as well!!!

So I have Homebrew back, the new update, AND the eShop back!! Thanks ever so much for your help! Everyone! Thank you so much for helping.

I thought it was a lost cause, but thanks to you guys, it wasn't. HAPPY END.

I'm having the exact same issue and I cannot find a fix! Does anyone know how he was able to install the vWii IOS58?

DeadPixelMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be hailed as a warning to not mess with anything when you don't know what your doing, i mean im happy you fixed your wii u but im really surprised you didn't end up making things worse , to me it seemed like you just loaded whatever niddle diddle here and their and tried to install whatever here and there hoping it worked. The next time you mod anything ever, make sure you read whatever the newest tutorial is completely front to back until you understand it fully. Again happy you fixed it tho!

ColossalGoomba90

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I am having a similar issue - I run the smashstack exploit and Hackmii hangs on the scam screen.
Bit of background - I stupidly installed all IOS and Homebrew channel - Wiiflow etc no longer worked. I manually deleted these channels and now I have this predicament.

I've set up my sd card so that the exploit now boots MMM and allows me to access various apps - DopMii, WadManager, pimp my wii etc. for troubleshooting. I have spent hours troubleshooting thus far and I am really fed up reading Threads on Forums similar to my issue and having no luck whatsoever.

I ran a Sys Check and its has came back stating that IOS36 has a fixed trucha bug and no ES_Identifier which HBC needs to work.

Ran the Trucha Bug app and tried to install IOS36 but have had no joy. In fact I can't install any IOS keep getting failed installations and error (1017)

I really hope someone can help me out, any advice would be really appreciated guys.

Thanks

This is running on vWii - via Wii U

Last edited by ColossalGoomba90,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I am having a similar issue - I run the smashstack exploit and Hackmii hangs on the scam screen.
Bit of background - I stupidly installed all IOS and Homebrew channel - Wiiflow etc no longer worked. I manually deleted these channels and now I have this predicament.

I've set up my sd card so that the exploit now boots MMM and allows me to access various apps - DopMii, WadManager, pimp my wii etc. for troubleshooting. I have spent hours troubleshooting thus far and I am really fed up reading Threads on Forums similar to my issue and having no luck whatsoever.

I ran a Sys Check and its has came back stating that IOS36 has a fixed trucha bug and no ES_Identifier which HBC needs to work.

Ran the Trucha Bug app and tried to install IOS36 but have had no joy. In fact I can't install any IOS keep getting failed installations and error (1017)

I really hope someone can help me out, any advice would be really appreciated guys.

Thanks

This is running on vWii - via Wii U

This thread is two years old and you didn't read the "DO NOT PATCH BELOW IOS200" warnings. :/ Hopefully you made a backup of your vWii NAND before you installed anything as there is no download the vWii's IOSes from the update server.

ColossalGoomba90

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is two years old and you didn't read the "DO NOT PATCH BELOW IOS200" warnings. :/ Hopefully you made a backup of your vWii NAND before you installed anything as there is no download the vWii's IOSes from the update server.

No, no backup of vWii NAND unfortunately and no I wouldn't have read this thread had I not already installed the IOS files, hence the issue. Have you any actual advice for troubleshooting/work around?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no backup of vWii NAND unfortunately and no I wouldn't have read this thread had I not already installed the IOS files, hence the issue. Have you any actual advice for troubleshooting/work around?

You might be able to find someone here to get a copy of the system wads. We can't post links to them, though. In the meantime, try running SysCheck and posting the results so we can see what you might need.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by markehmus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.