OmerScienceTechnology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask some questions about my problems. My wiiU sometimes (not always) freezes when I open the forwarder channel which loads the homebrew channel in 16:9. I tried to figure out why it could freeze and then I thought that it was maybe because i missed some important step in the hacking process... So I did a factory reset lol and I followed carefully this cool guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#1 to hack again the vWii mode (with super smash bros brawl exploit)

But the same problem remains, so I kinda wasted my time, but then I finally figured out why my wiiU freezes when I load the forwarder channel which loads the homebrew channel in 16:9, it seems like when it freezes, there is always my sd card plugged! So I tried to load 10-15 times the forwarder channel withouth my sd card plugged, and it never freezes!!!

So I wanted to ask if it is possible that my sd card could cause the freezes, my 2Go sd card is really old and was kinda cheap, so I plan to buy a new sd card (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-UHS-I-Class-Memory/dp/B007BJHEWK) do you think that it may help to stop those freezes?

And also each time it freezes, I have no other choice than unplugging my wiiU, and it really scares me to do so, is there no other way to force my wiiU to shut down when it freezes? like a special hombrew? What did nintendo do...

thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english

D

Deleted User

My wiiU sometimes (not always) freezes when I open the forwarder channel which loads the homebrew channel in 16:9.
I have that channel installed, and it never freezes for me. The USB Loader GX formwarder also doesn't freeze. The only time I've ever witnessed anything freeze is trying to return to the Wii Menu from a Riivolution game. It froze EVERY TIME!

So I wanted to ask if it is possible that my sd card could cause the freezes
Maybe. I mean, SD Cards cause numerous issues on the Wii U side of things, whether it be file system errors or hidden metadata files (like I've experienced). I wouldn't be surprised if changing your SD Card fixes your issues.

And also each time it freezes, I have no other choice than unplugging my wiiU, and it really scares me to do so, is there no other way to force my wiiU to shut down when it freezes?
Yeah, that's REALLY annoying, isn't it? I feel lucky that, when playing around on the Wii U side of things, I can actually perform a cold boot by holding the power button for four seconds.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue with homebrew channel and homebrew channel forwarder sometimes my wii u will freeze with a blackscreen when entering the homebrew channel even tried reinstalling it and it did not fix the problem but forwarders never freeze for me so i use a wiiflow forwarder and load my homebrew through wiiflow and it works 100% maybe try launching your homebrew with a forwarder.

OmerScienceTechnology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CreeperMario => Yeah no one seems to have problems with the homebrew forwarder channel, so there should be something that I did wrongly! And since I have a new SD card, everything seems to be fine, so it seems like the culprit was my old SD card!

And it seems like you can actually hard reset by pressing the power button for some seconds, BUT this feature is disabled on vWii mode <.<

worm28 => well, changing SD card solved the issue on my case, so you could try this method if those freezes annoy you :P and thx for your suggestions, but I just wanted to understand why it froze only on my case, it kind of bothered me.

Anyway thx guys for your answer!!!

ps: whenever I use xyzzy to dump my wiiU keys, a fatal error "SEEPROM_mount failed" is displayed. I don't think that it's a serious problem but I wonder if anybody's else has the same error and what does it mean?

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CreeperMario => Yeah no one seems to have problems with the homebrew forwarder channel, so there should be something that I did wrongly! And since I have a new SD card, everything seems to be fine, so it seems like the culprit was my old SD card!

And it seems like you can actually hard reset by pressing the power button for some seconds, BUT this feature is disabled on vWii mode <.<

worm28 => well, changing SD card solved the issue on my case, so you could try this method if those freezes annoy you :P and thx for your suggestions, but I just wanted to understand why it froze only on my case, it kind of bothered me.

Anyway thx guys for your answer!!!

ps: whenever I use xyzzy to dump my wiiU keys, a fatal error "SEEPROM_mount failed" is displayed. I don't think that it's a serious problem but I wonder if anybody's else has the same error and what does it mean?

XYZZY can give these types of errors almost at random it seems. Just keep trying, but honestly, if it just won't seem to work, that's the backup step that matters least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night