vWii HDMI color issue

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by bobmcjr, Jan 24, 2015.

1. bobmcjr
    OP

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    There didn't seem to be a general Wii U support section, and it's somewhat homebrew related.
    I finally hooked up my Wii U to my TV and noticed a strange red or yellowish-green border that appears appears at the edges of contrasting colors, similar to red/blue 3D, but only in vWii mode. It's noticeable in certain games/situations, Super Mario Sunshine through Nintendont being the most obvious. Both the Wii and the Wii U were set to 480p in the following screenshots:

vWii+HDMI (no I didn't jiggle the camera at all):
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    vWii+Gamepad:
    Real Wii+Component:
    The Nintendo logo when booting SMS also has this issue with a yellow border at the edge of every letter on vWii+HDMI.

It's not just Nintendont, the colors in the Wii Menu look a bit off as well. I've also seen it at the edges of contrasting colors on certain banners in USBLoader GX like Bully Scholarship Edition's.

I haven't tried component on my Wii U yet, but I don't think that'd make a difference. Any ideas?

2. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    That's not an issue, that's because the Wii U, unlike Dolphin Emulator, makes Wii graphics sharper not HD
    This will disappear if you choose 480P in TV settings in WiiU mode

3. bobmcjr
    OP

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    All of those screenshots were taken in 480p mode. Also happens with component cables. I also found that either my TV, the third party component cables, or the Wii U itself cannot handle 1080p. I think I'll blame my TV for that though.

4. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Seems like RGB colors are desync, I don't have this problem on my end (vWii HDMI 1080p)

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    looks like it's your tv fault it can't upscale properly. a tv will upscale the vwii to 1080p properly mine does.

6. bobmcjr
    OP

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Although the regular Wii with the same component cables at 480p displays a perfect image.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    than your wiiu video board is probably stuffed. only big n can fix that.

8. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    yeah, I have that problem on some component cables, try a different one, also try cleaning the AV MULTI OUT port