cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having. So I have USB loader GX and I had my EMUNAND on SD card with full NAND emulation. The Loader would recognize it and show my Wiiware titles I was testing. When I would go to load them, the animated screen would pop up and when I click start,t screen would freeze black, wiimote disconnect, and I would have to unplug the power to my Wii U.

I thought maybe it had something to do with an IOS not being patched to access the SD card, I kept reading about IOS 80, but if I'm using EMUNAND not sure why that would be an issue, and I didnt want to patch the stock IOS if I'm using EMUNAND. So I'm stumped on that one .. so I thought I'll use a USB flash drive

So, on my original Wii I have a similar setup but I am able to use the USB flash drive no issues. On Wii U in vWii mod it's another story. For some reason the Loader recognizes it, but not properly if that makes sense. If I go to configure the path to EMUNAND on the USB flash drive it won't let me actually select USB. It only lets me choose a path to the SD card.

Not sure if it's an issue with the Flash drive itself, or the loader doesn't like it for whatever reason. A side note.. I used the same flash drive on my original Wii, and also the WiiU as USB storage and they both run fine.

So the last thing I did was use an External HDD with the Y-cable. Moves the EMUNAND to that, configured the paths, and USB Loader was able to recognize it, and play my Wiiware titles no problem...

So why can't it run off of an SD card? Is it a limitation of the Loader? Am I configuring something wrong?

I wanted to play some wiiware titles through the USB loader Forwarder on the Wiiu menu. I read a version allows gamepad compatibility but you sacrifice USB support.

Maybe it's not possible, idk... If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it! Thanks

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to not go the EMUNAND route on vWii. I want to use WiiU gamepad support on WiiWare so only way is to load games to actual NAND and create an injected forwarder. Works pretty nice actually. Only drawback is limited NAND space but I'm only putting games on I actually play. If I need extra space I can always transfer unused games to the SD card and move them back to NAND when needed. Not worried about bricking .. if you are careful and know what you're doing its not an issue.

I feel VC injection is the way to go. It's easier, streamlined, and with the vWii limitations it just makes more sense. One hard drive, everything accessable on the WiiU menu, and gamepad support.

Last edited by cokeman118,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill