Hacking vWii Decaffeinator - Restore vWii without a NAND Backup

  • Thread starter Thread starter GaryOderNichts
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 64,937
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Likes Likes 34
I have Tiramisu and it gave me the "update folder exist pls delete" warning
That's because you're still loading into cfw. The warning is normal, but you need the update folder to exist in order to download the system files decaffeinator deleted. You also need to not load into Tiramisu, and you need to disable the PayloadLoader from autobooting. Then you can go do the system update, after which point you can re-enable PayloadLoader to autoboot and delete your update folder again.

Just follow the steps in that link for unblocking updates.
 
That's because you're still loading into cfw. The warning is normal, but you need the update folder to exist in order to download the system files decaffeinator deleted. You also need to not load into Tiramisu, and you need to disable the PayloadLoader from autobooting. Then you can go do the system update, after which point you can re-enable PayloadLoader to autoboot and delete your update folder again.

Just follow the steps in that link for unblocking updates.
How do I disable autoboot
 
Last edited by Deleted member 631705,
When I Try to update it just says "The console is already updated"
Switch your booting back to the Wii U Menu and then try updating again.

You can do this by:\
1. Booting your Wii U (hold X if you have a default environment set)
2. Select "installer"
3. Press A on "check" > Boot options
4. Switch back to Wii U menu.
5. Go into your Wii U's settings and try updating again.
 
I gave up on this with my Europe Wii U as I couldn’t at the time use a gamepad as it fails updating and disconnects. This prevents me from updating using the system settings once I blasted everything with decaffeinator without pulling out DRC sim and the headache that is.

I used decaffeinator and DRC Sim back when Nintendo had the update servers offline so vWii would never download. I gave up back then.

Fast forward to recently.
I ended up using an extracted vWii nand over on Archive.org for a U.S. vWii on my Europe console via FTPing it to my console as Aroma was active and allowed FTP access.

All I had to do there was fix permissions via WUP Server using UIDPH Recovery Menu and I could boot vWii again but now in the US region at 60Hz.

I fixed the gamepad problem after this but I don’t feel like using Decaffeinator to build a more legit vWii at this point as I don’t use online services. I would also have to hope switching regions wouldn’t brick me like it did last time I switched regions and why I had tried decaffeinator in the first place.

Btw, if anyone is having gamepad update problems when the gamepad is the same region as the console, you can load up Kiosk Menu while Aroma DRC region-free is active and it will somehow push the update through if you run the updater in Kiosk Menu. Now I can use my gamepad even stock now.
 
I tried running it from Wii U side and it just said: "mount failed" and then a black screen.

Edit: was able to finally get a photo.
Mount of /dev/slccmpt01 to /vol/storage_slccmpo1 failed
 
Last edited by MetroidTalon,
Again, it's the same thing I linked in that earlier post and quoted in an earlier reply, but I'll link it one more time.

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/unblock-updates
any idea how to fix this with isfshax installed? right now my isfshax has a forwarder to aroma. is that going to mess with my ability to use caffeine?

do I just need to get to the original wii u menu at ALL and then I can just update, or do I have to have booted directly from decaffeinator for the update to work?

edit: fixed, I just inserted it without an sd to get it to boot without aroma, but to allow decaffeinator to work I had to downgrade my slc version of stroopwaffel with the 1.0 version. I just used ftpiiu with system files on through aroma and replaced storage_slc/sys/hax/ios_plugins/6isfshax.ipx with this version. then I booted without an sd and did the update, everything worked perfectly: https://github.com/isfshax/wafel_isfshax_patch/releases/download/v1.0/wafel_isfshax_patch.ipx
 
Last edited by Alexrose,
  • Like
Reactions: VdeVaporeta
any idea how to fix this with isfshax installed? right now my isfshax has a forwarder to aroma. is that going to mess with my ability to use caffeine?

do I just need to get to the original wii u menu at ALL and then I can just update, or do I have to have booted directly from decaffeinator for the update to work?

edit: fixed, I just inserted it without an sd to get it to boot without aroma, but to allow decaffeinator to work I had to downgrade my slc version of stroopwaffel with the 1.0 version. I just used ftpiiu with system files on through aroma and replaced ... with this version. then I booted without an sd and did the update, everything worked perfectly: ...
Thanks man, you saved me.
 
I've just did a region change of my JAP Wii U via via "the region Changing the Wii U tuto)
It's worked great, I know have a PAL wii U

I've installed next vWii decafeniator V2 and to a light mode (also tried the agressive mode as well), but I cannot launch the vWii anymore.
Before, the vwii booted correctly but in japanese. Now the vWii is not working
Any help ?
thank you !
 
Sorry for the noob question, I'm not very into the Wii U scene. How can I load the .rpx on Aroma / stroopwafel? The HBL doesn't work in this environment.
 
I've just did a region change of my JAP Wii U via via "the region Changing the Wii U tuto)
It's worked great, I know have a PAL wii U

I've installed next vWii decafeniator V2 and to a light mode (also tried the agressive mode as well), but I cannot launch the vWii anymore.
Before, the vwii booted correctly but in japanese. Now the vWii is not working
Any help ?
thank you !
I didn't manage to change the vWii region yet but to make the vwii boot again at least you have to :
Press + while your wii U boot on aroma
Press + and - to unblock update
Go to payloader installer to undo autobooting aroma (don't know if it's the same for tiramisu)
When you are on official wii u os, do a firmware update.

At this point, it recover my japanese vwii while I've done "light mode" decaffeinator, so don't know if We have to make an agressive one...
 
That's because you're still loading into cfw. The warning is normal, but you need the update folder to exist in order to download the system files decaffeinator deleted. You also need to not load into Tiramisu, and you need to disable the PayloadLoader from autobooting. Then you can go do the system update, after which point you can re-enable PayloadLoader to autoboot and delete your update folder again.

Just follow the steps in that link for unblocking updates.
you got to help me my vwii may be bricked I'm a bit scared and worried that this may be like top 5 worst day of my life when it gave me the warning to block updates I did not I also did not disable Payload Loader from autobooting then I did a system update help please
 
I have duplicate Manual channel after using Decaffeinator. Will it be enough to manually delete the duplicate title responsible for it?
 
you got to help me my vwii may be bricked I'm a bit scared and worried that this may be like top 5 worst day of my life when it gave me the warning to block updates I did not I also did not disable Payload Loader from autobooting then I did a system update help please
Do you have a vWii nand backup ? It is a file named SLCCMPT.bin
 

Site & Scene News