Hacking Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise

semiartificial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is a known issue (no search facility on this site). I am relatively new to this whole area (ROMS/cards etc), just a dad trying to get some games sorted out for Christmas. I am also trying to be very mindful of the forum rules.

I have now tried four different roms, from different places, both the European and US versions, and get white screens every time. I notice it leaves a sav file after trying to play it. Every other game plays ok. I thought that maybe this is a recognised problem, but there is no patch in the download section, and nothing about a problem shows up on google.

Could anyone shed any light on this please?

Update:

Looks like I need this 'arm7' fix.
Using DSLAZY is too complex for me and this PC, so tried to use ARM7FIXA.
It didn't complete the process (got a 'run time error'), again this may be due to my old PC.
Or it might be because I don't know the right donor rom to use.
Any suggestions?

Update 2:

I got ARMFIXA to run with an arm7.bin file I found, but the result didn't work.
Any ideas/pointers as to what will?

Also, without breaking forum rules, any suggestions for really good search terms to put into Google to find a 'simpler answer' (!) would be appreciated

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I asked this exact same question, so you & i are in the same boat atm.

I would also like to know if anyone has problems with this game at all with either euro/usa release.

I tried arm7 fixing it, but it still fails to load.
frown.gif

semiartificial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks ... interesting.

I will use 1.41 if I can get it from the Edge site and my other games work ok with it.

Would appreciate confirmation that there isn't a working fix somewhere out there, though, and how I can apply it.

I have seen a link that states they have a fully tested and working rom, but that's from a paid download site, and I'm not going there!

Thanks again.

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol. My (official) R4DS can play it perfectly (unpatched) yet my EDGE with its latest firmware can't, though it could with the previous firmware, that's pretty bad.

semiartificial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, thank you very much.

I downloaded v1.41 from this site (what a great site it is!) and Viva Pinata now works fine, just as you said.

I was a little worried that Club Penguin wouldn't work, as it's listed on the Edge site as a rom which 1.42 provides a compatibility fix for, but it seems to load and start ok. Hope that continues and that I haven't solved one problem and caused another, my son loves Club Penguin, and it looks like a really nice DS game.

All the help has been much appreciated.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Echo1 said:
Lol. My (official) R4DS can play it perfectly (unpatched) yet my EDGE with its latest firmware can't, though it could with the previous firmware, that's pretty bad.

My CycloDS runs it just fine, odd that EDGE doesn't. Haven't tried it on the R4 as my daughter's SD card is full.
smile.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, does the EDGE-DS run any other firmware/loaders, like the R4 can run the DSTT/YSMenu?

I wonder if one extracts a cyclo .evo firmware & mucking about with it can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?