vita2hos: Translation layer from Vita to Horizon OS

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Say, if there was going to be a forum prefix for this, would it still be Emulation?
(as I understand, it's not quite like emulation right? since the PSVita apps are now running as native NSwitch apps from my understanding)
(edit: sorry, didn't read the GitHub page that literally said it wasn't an emulator)

Or maybe just Translation layer? (there doesn't seem to be one for this yet, it seems)
Compatibility layer?

Last edited by Allen-R,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The Vita is an EXCELLENT system if you are a weeb. So many good anime titles, and a lot of them were actually localized for the US.

So for those of us who aren't it's pretty barebones. Looking through a game list the only thing that stood out as interesting was angry birds lol

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So for those of us who aren't it's pretty barebones. Looking through a game list the only thing that stood out as interesting was angry birds lol
Heres a few that stand out that arent on the Switch:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Muramasa Rebirth
Odin Sphere
Dragons Crown
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
God of War Collection

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Muramasa Rebirth
Odin Sphere
Dragons Crown
Uncharted Golden Abyss
God of War Collection
Games like Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush are not dedicated to weebs. Personally I hate weeb games, and those are not.

Example of weeb games are those from Moero series

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Say, if there was going to be a forum prefix for this, would it still be Emulation?
(as I understand, it's not quite like emulation right? since the PSVita apps are now running as native NSwitch apps from my understanding)
(edit: sorry, didn't read the GitHub page that literally said it wasn't an emulator)

Or maybe just Translation layer? (there doesn't seem to be one for this yet, it seems)
Compatibility layer?
Currently it's targeting to be a compability layer. Native CPU execution, shader recompiling, dunno how they will try to solve GPU rendering stuff in future since they could try to wrap it too - to deko3d. Dunno how much work it would take tho instead of emulating GPU.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Allen-R

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess once this project is complete if you where to get an modded OLED switch. There will never be a need a “vita 2”

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Muramasa Rebirth
Odin Sphere
Dragons Crown
Uncharted Golden Abyss
God of War Collection
There is a Jak & Daxter collection..the games all run terribly tho on vita

I wish Sony made these games easier to play..

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
People, you're not reacting enough. Some crazy motherfucker has made a way to NATIVELY RUN VITA APPLICATIONS ON SWITCH.

FUCKING NATIVELY.

this is the craziest dream i've ever had
they say there's no such thing as stupid questions, but if someone asked if vita games would ever run on switch two days ago i'd have roasted them with the flames of the sun itself
You think any of these motherfuckers even know what a Play Station game is? of course they don't, we're on the Nintendo Switch section after all.

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is a Jak & Daxter collection..the games all run terribly tho on vita

I wish Sony made these games easier to play..
Yeah is many more good ones I just named a quick bunch. The Vita is an awesome handheld especially when modded.
So I guess once this project is complete if you where to get an modded OLED switch. There will never be a need a “vita 2”
Will still be a good use for the Vita. The ports on Switch wont be 100% 1:1 which is fine. And the Vita actually fits in ya pocket plus a kickass dpad.

SweetenerBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does this mean psvita game emulation at some point in time then? Or just the apps in general?
technically, it wouldn't even be emulation but it would natively run psvita stuff. And once it'll run commercial games, it'll wrap up the systems being playable to SWITCH, PSVITA, PS1, some PS2, N64, DS, some 3DS, SNES, NES, GAMEBOY, GBC, GBA, some Gamecube, the whole android library and more older systems. It's crazy how good the switch homebrew community is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches