Gaming Vita Screen help.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
So for the last month or so, the left hand side of my touchscreen hasnt been working - in some games it just isnt responsive, whereas in others (resistance), it seems like the vita recognizes a constant press on that side of the screen.

What is really weird, is that the screen works fine for the first 60 seconds or so of the Vita being powered on.

Has anyone encountered this issue, and do they know what I should do about it? I'm from the UK, if thats relevant.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
IIRC there should be a calibration tool too. It might be that some part of the screen is f'd up in terms of calibration. If the recalibration doesn't work, take it over to Sony. 2 years of warranty for electronics due to EU laws (if memory serves me correctly).

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
IIRC there should be a calibration tool too. It might be that some part of the screen is f'd up in terms of calibration. If the recalibration doesn't work, take it over to Sony. 2 years of warranty for electronics due to EU laws (if memory serves me correctly).

nope, there isn't any calibration tool or anything like that, is a capacitive touchscreen, these don't need a recalibration, factory calibration suffice.
seems like the touchscreen broke or the digitalizer chip went wrong, just use the warranty and save yourself a headache and if you are worried for your data, then take out your vita memory before send it to repair.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nope, there isn't any calibration tool or anything like that, is a capacitive touchscreen, these don't need a recalibration, factory calibration suffice.
seems like the touchscreen broke or the digitalizer chip went wrong, just use the warranty and save yourself a headache and if you are worried for your data, then take out your vita memory before send it to repair.
Yeah didn't have my PSVita available at the time so couldn't check :P

As it should be in warranty, send it to Sony.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had a similar issue with mine, except mine usually fixes itself upon reboot.
If it doesn't function properly long enough to get into a game, then maybe you should send it in for warranty.

Reactions: MacrossSkullOne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips