Hacking Vita Homebrew Browser (VHBB) black screen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can't get it to work, try deleting the cache in the data folder. the first boot up is slower, because it has to build the cache. that may be preventing it from booting.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Somethink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! It worked! Only problem is it doesn't have the pictures. I assume from looking around I am just stuck with it like that.

Reactions: SuperDan

TrippyObama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried re-downloading this version and the original version twice for both, I keep getting an error after the black screen that says:C2-12828-1 Saved core file succeeded. ux0:data/psp2core-#### 0x0000013985-eboot.bin.psp2dmp. This is weird to me considering that it was working fine yesterday, I think the only thing I've downloaded since is 1menu. Thank you for any help p.s. ily dan - unrelated, I can't watch video's in the normal web browser either is this normal? (edit): when I go into that bin is says cause 0x00030002 incase that might help..

Last edited by TrippyObama,

The_Hero14

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
The FPS counter Plugin sometimes causes this so you should probably disable it and see if it works some other Plugins might also cause it.

MightyJAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Standby Mode crashes the homebrew browser (at least if it activates during initial startup). I was having this problem until I went into Power Save Settings, selected Enter Standby Mode Automatically, and changed "After 3 Minutes" to "After 30 Minutes". Since then, the homebrew browser loads for me with no hiccups.

I just bought and modded my Vita today, so take this solution with a grain of salt.

TiltBR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tried re-downloading this version and the original version twice for both, I keep getting an error after the black screen that says:C2-12828-1 Saved core file succeeded. ux0:data/psp2core-#### 0x0000013985-eboot.bin.psp2dmp. This is weird to me considering that it was working fine yesterday, I think the only thing I've downloaded since is 1menu. Thank you for any help p.s. ily dan - unrelated, I can't watch video's in the normal web browser either is this normal? (edit): when I go into that bin is says cause 0x00030002 incase that might help..
I have this error, it´s caused by iTSL-ENSO, uninstalling it, fixed the error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and idk if something will happen to my ps3 if i connect it to wifi with hen activated
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient