Hacking Visual Boy Advance Save Files transfer to EZ Flash3in1

Deleted member 248831

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'mn playing Golden Sun btw. Own an Acekard 2 with AKAIO1.6, EZ Flash 3in1.

Basically this is what I want to know is: how do you transfer saves from VBA (Visual Boy Advance) to EZ Flash 3in1.

What I've tried before: I move my save files from GBA_save to my laptop and I've used the save files on VBA. Works fine. I save in a different location on the game. Works fine if I load it on VBA again. I move the save file back to EZ Flash 3in1. At that point, when I try playing the same game via EZFlash3in1, it loads the game at the point where I last played (in other words, before I moved it to my laptop).

And if I try moving the save file back to my laptop, it is different to the save file I moved to my EZ - basically it reverts back to what it was before.

So what am I doing wrong? How can I successfuly move VBA files to EZ Flash 3in1? It works one way but not the other for me.

So basically:
-Save: Vale (place) (EZFlash)
-Moved to VBA (laptop), played awhile, saved in Vault (place)
-Placed it back to EZ flash
-Load it up, loads back at Vale (so the save before I moved to VBA)
-Move the sav file back to VBA: Now the save file is in Vale

Theres no need in converting since VBA and EZFlash can use the same save file.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
AKAIO has a header on all gba save files that make it not directly compatible with VBA or any other gba flashcart. You will need to remove that header before using the save file. You can use the link in my sig to see an example of how much of the header you need to remove manually or you can download a trim app to do it.

Deleted member 248831

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realised what your 16Bit thing is.

I don't use a .gba.sav file. I use a .sav file from my EZFlash3in1, and I place it in my VBA. I play about, save at a different location. Place it back in EZFlash3in1. Back to beginning. VBA uses .sav, automatic 64k save. Any other doesn't work.

ArchangelGabriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how_do_i_do_that said:
unless you had to patch the rom or the autopatch on gba exploader kicked in.

Interesting, I'd like to ask a question on top of that:

I want to copy a savefile from "Mother 3" (VBA) over to the EZFlash 3in1. I needed to patch the ROM with the english translation patch. You say in case of a patched ROM I needed to pay more attention regarding copying the savefile over.

Can you describe what you mean exactly? Or doesn't a translation patch count towards "pay more attention"? I'm really in the mood to play Mother 3, but my EZFlash will arrive in a week earliest. If I'm playing on VBA and then the savegame doesn't work on my DS I'd rather wait.

Any experience with that? Thank you ... and before I forget it: I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.5

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your save for a game is not normally compatible with the 3in1 by default (no patching whatso ever).

Mother 3's save type is FLASH512_V131. What the autopatching does is make the save type a game uses is SRAM. You wouldn't be able to use a FLASH512_V131 save type from VBA on a 3in1, you would have to start over.

Mannually SRAM patching the game means your doing what gba exploader would be doing.

AKAIO does it's own SRAM patching when loading gba games with incompatible save types.

AKAIO can import a save file like gba exploader, but makes it incompatible if you want to move it off later for use with VBA or some other emulator. AKAIO sticks a header to gba save files.

Since this is your first post, try reading the first link in my sig. Covers the majority of things with the 3in1.

The translation patch is ONLY for changing the language in the game, it doesn't touch anything like the save type.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries