gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah and vitamin 2.0 doesn't, it fixes that. Vitamin 1.1 let so called games like that through while 2.0 were all legit dumps since it had to be scanned and so forth
That's not what I mean, I think someone made something from scratch and just named it as a game. Can't remember well though.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's not what I mean, I think someone made something from scratch and just named it as a game. Can't remember well though.
And i'm telling you that the creator told everybody to scan every vitamin 1.1 game before installing and that all vitamin 2.0 dumps are legit and safe. Even if it's disguised as a game, it still is a certain filetype and it used vitamin. But 2.0 fixed that and all of those were safe and again 1.1 dumps you needed to scan before installing to make sure it was legit.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
And i'm telling you that the creator told everybody to scan every vitamin 1.1 game before installing and that all vitamin 2.0 dumps are legit and safe. Even if it's disguised as a game, it still is a certain filetype and it used vitamin. But 2.0 fixed that and all of those were safe and again 1.1 dumps you needed to scan before installing to make sure it was legit.
I said it wasn't a Vitamin dump though.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It was. There wasn't any other bricker then those vitamin 1.1 dumps disguised as games. There wasn't any other besides that since installers and dumpers now scan for malicious code after the 1.1 vitamin brickera
No, it wasn't. The one I was talking about was not a Vitamin dump at all though. I mean, maybe it claimed it was. I suppose that's what you mean? I'm sure there were at least 2 cases of malicious applications in the Vita scene.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, it wasn't. The one I was talking about was not a Vitamin dump at all though. I mean, maybe it claimed it was. I suppose that's what you mean? I'm sure there were at least 2 cases of malicious applications in the Vita scene.
then show me because i only know of the vitamin 1.1 version and that's all i can find when i google about it

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
then show me because i only know of the vitamin 1.1 version and that's all i can find when i google about it
A quick google search gives me at least one more case involving a MaiDump. I'll go look for it when I come back, I guess.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A quick google search gives me at least one more case involving a MaiDump. I'll go look for it when I come back, I guess.
Maidumps checks for malicious code so it can't be through a maidump. Vpk's go through vitashell and that doesn't do a check or a scan. A vita couldn't be bricked through maidump since the installer Always checks for malicious code before installing.
The OP should just know that every dump is safe as long as it's maidump or vitamin 2.0. Avoid the 1.1 dumps and if you can't do a scan before installing.

Last edited by kumikochan,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Maidumps checks for malicious code so it can't be through a maidump. Vpk's go through vitashell and that doesn't do a check or a scan. A vita couldn't be bricked through maidump since the installer Always checks for malicious code before installing.
The OP should just know that every dump is safe as long as it's maidump or vitamin 2.0. Avoid the 1.1 dumps and if you can't do a scan before installing.
Telling you, even if it does scan *now*, there WAS a MaiDump one.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very much disagree with that. A huge number of titles hasn't been dumped yet.

There is no need for "warez" dump release. Simply download Psvimgtools Easy FrontEnd here:
https://github.com/MRGhidini/Psvimgtools-Easy-FrontEnd/releases/tag/1.7.2

It already contains a file "List download pkg.txt" to get most games PKG download link (over one thousand) and a file "ListKey.txt" for PKG decrypt:
- Download the PKG of your choice (directly from Sony servers) with your PC
- Put the PKG inside "PKG" directory (where you installed Psvimgtools Easy FrontEnd)
- Open "Psvimgtools Easy FrontEnd"
- Click on "Extraction of PKG to NoNpDrm" then select your title and press "OK"
- Wait until the end, you should get the extracted PKG in "PKG/PKGExtract" folder
- Simply copy the PKG content in your PS Vita memory card "app" folder
- Use VitaShell to refresh LiveArea
- ???
- Profit!

However, I still like Vitamin/MaiDump dumps for one reason: game modding! When the "eboot.bin" contains the safe flag, there should be no risk.

Last edited by OperationNT,

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is it possible that someone made a nonpdrm dump with malicious code, and then you install the game and run it, that can brick the vita?

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No because NoNpDrm are still crypted/signed by Sony: if there is the smallest modification, it won't start.
The only way would be to get Sony's private key (like we had on PS3 FW 3.55 because Sony made a mistake when they used the cryptographic algorithm) but it will probably never happen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge