Hacking ''Virus'' in VPKs?

hack3r2507

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I heard that there could be a Virus in some VPKs that unmount the main drive and delete important data. How can I check if there is dangerous code? I read I have to look it up in a txt document or so. Btw I am pretty new to the scene.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice Phone XD

just install VitaOrganizer (there is an option to make it safe eboot) but don't do this with homebrews or else they won't work...!

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The installer check for it but generally you shouldn't install stuff from sources you don't trust

Last edited by ken28,

hack3r2507

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Molecular Shell says it wants extended permissions. Is that normal? I tried 2 VPKs and it says it at both.

Last edited by hack3r2507,

hack3r2507

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much. But I downloaded Vitaorganizer and made it safe. First it was unsafe and now safe. Is that ok? Or can my Vita got briked anyways

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much. But I downloaded Vitaorganizer and made it safe. First it was unsafe and now safe. Is that ok? Or can my Vita got briked anyways
First of all don't care about that stuff.!
that was years ago and everything today will most likely be clean :)
It never happend to me or anybody else in the recent years (I think) but yeah you are safe.

Reactions: hack3r2507

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@hack3r2507 Just use Nonpdrm rips... I don't know why would anyone even bother installing vpks at this point, it's more than outadated...
Sorry dude but not everyone that has a hacked Console wants to pirate :P
(for Homebrews you have to use VPK's and even if he would like to pirate a lot of the NOT Mainstream Games aren't dumped yet)

Btw: Forgive me for my english PLZ :d

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
First of all don't care about that stuff.!
that was years ago and everything today will most likely be clean :)
It never happend to me or anybody else in the recent years (I think) but yeah you are safe.
Years ago? It was last year or so lmao

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry dude but not everyone that has a hacked Console wants to pirate :P
(for Homebrews you have to use VPK's and even if he would like to pirate a lot of the NOT Mainstream Games aren't dumped yet)

Btw: Forgive me for my english PLZ :d
From OP:

"some VPKs that unmount the main drive and delete important data."

AFAIK the only vpk that actually DID something similar was from a "Harry Potter game" that formatted the memory upon booting... If you add two plus two you would realize that OP concern would be coming from installing games in vpk format... That's what you call a logic deduction, you by jumping the gun on the "NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO PIRATE GAMES" on your end makes you look a lil silly tbh, we all know that's what %99 of users do around here...

My bad if that isn't the case tho :|

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hack3r2507 Just use Nonpdrm rips... I don't know why would anyone even bother installing vpks at this point, it's more than outadated...

I don't know if I am too outdated or what but even when I get the game dumps in nonpdrm format, I would still use winrar to store zip it, then rename the .zip file to .vpk, then scan it with vpktool to make sure it is safe before moving it to vitashell to install it, or is there a better way to install nonpdrm these days?

Last edited by Vitaminer,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know if I am too outdated or what but even when I get the game dumps in nonpdrm format, I would still use winrar to store zip it, then rename the .zip file to .vpk, then scan it with vpktool to make sure it is safe before moving it to vitashell to install it, or is there a better way to install nonpdrm these days?
iirc, to install them, here is a tutorial:

) Download the latest release of the NoNpDrm Plugin.

2) Place it on the “ux0:tai/” (Normal MC) or “ur0:tai/” (sd2vita) folder in your console.

3) On VitaShell browse to “ux0:tai/” or “ur0:tai/”and open the “config.txt” file with (X)

4) Navigate to the “*KERNEL” line and insert 1 new line below it -On the new line insert “ux0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx” or “ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx” for sd2vita users

5) Restart your console with Vitashell TIP: Step 1 to 5 only need to be performed the first time you install the plugin.

6) To install games, place your NoNpDrm dump on the “ux0:app” folder of your console.

7) To install DLC, place your NoNpDrm DLC on the “ux0:addcont/[GameID]/[DLCFolder]” directory and the needed licenses on the “ux0:license/addcont/[GameID]/[DLCFolder]” directory of your console.

8) To install updates, place your NoNpDrm updates on the “ux0:Patch/[GameID]” folder of your console.

9) After you place all the desired files on the respective locations, go to VitaShell and open the (TRIANGLE) Menu on the Home Screen, select “Refresh Livearea” and wait for it to update the screen with your games.

10) PROFIT!!!

NOTE: For NoNpDrm games to save properly they must be mounted on a “ux0:” partition.

Also, VitaShell can install folders, you needn't zip it.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
So I heard there's a station that there's nopay for. If you know how to read, and copy files, you can get almost everything out there straight from Sony's servers without having to worry about malicious vpks.

True, not everything is there yet, but it's filling out pretty nice. Or so I hear.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Never install VPK games or Maidump games.
Especially not now when NoNpDRM has been released which has more compatibility and are clean rips of games (aside from the license)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-