douchebag
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi people! Please help I have a virus my lappy boots up, shows the desktop for a sec. Then restarts! I don't know what to do now! I don't have the origional startup disks (I don't think) and I am using xp service pack 3. Please help quick!

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your computer has a dvd or cd drive you might try booting up a live version of linux. Then mounting the windows partition and checking for the virus manually.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I have skills to search for a virus manually, or obtain a Linux live copy 0_o

And I was getting a windows firewall icon, possibly wa2008.

Now my comp. Shut down!

Pizzaroo

douchebag
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is there any other way other than linux? I only have an iPhone for typing this. My lappy is the only comp. I use other than this iPhone!
Ok imma go to last known good config. I hope it works ...

Edit: didn't work, dammit, what am I going to do?

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
well then during those ten minutes why not try to back up everything important onto a disk, then on the next 10 minutes do a whole hard drive wipe so nothings there, then reinstall everything.

wzeroc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
eh, i read somewhere that if you got a warning of 10 minutes before shutdown, you can cancel the shutdown process.

click start, pick run, type in cmd. in the command prompt windows, type "shutdown -a" without the quotes. that should cancel the shutdown process, giving you the time to fix anything that needs fixing.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, after turning on, the desktop shows 4 one sec then gets BSOD, then it restarts again and continues for 10 minutes. Sorry for not being more clear!

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Something like this happened to my friend's computer. In those ten minute, try getting an antispyware installed in safemode (ie SuperAntiSpyware worked for me). If you can, at least, get it installed on the first run before the restart, sweet. Next boot try running the quick scan to clean things up a bit.

That last time it was a hard case of Vundo malware (which used to be quite the headache for me before).

SuperAntiSpyware also gets ride of that AntiVirus 2008/2009 junk.

I guess you'd have to download it somewhere else (or get it in those 10 minutes) and stick it on a USB drive. Good luck!

wzeroc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well now, it seems that you are in a serious trouble. my advice for you currently would be to get yourself a winxp cd and do a checkdisk. or, you can either find a winxp liveusb or a livecd winxp and do a checkdisk by using either the livecd or the liveusb. worked for me.

if those two methods fail, i think your Harddisk is already dead. a condolence to you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021