Gaming Virtual Desktop Switcher

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Recently I have been looking into a Virtual Desktop Switcher for Windows 7. This is because I am running a lot of programs in the taskbar.

Most of the programs I run, however, require UAC or whatever it is, therefore they run as admin. With the Virtual Desktop Switchers that I have tried, they do not hide these programs, therefore they show up in the taskbar regardless of the desktop that I view.

Is anyone aware of a Virtual Desktop Switcher which does indeed hide the programs that run as admin, rather than show them in every single window?

If you do know of any, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
raiderscrusade said:
Is anyone aware of a Virtual Desktop Switcher which does indeed hide the programs that run as admin, rather than show them in every single window?

Haven't found one. I have the same "problem" with Visual Studio, although it doesn't really bother me. I'm using Dexpot too, there is nothing that comes close to it in terms of functions and usability.

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try both them out, thanks.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you tried running the desktop switcher as an admin (elevated rights), then opened the program you usually use with elevated rights, and seeing if that perhaps leaves that elevated rights program in the 1 desktop only?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:

Just out of curiosity, have any of you tried running the desktop switcher as an admin (elevated rights), then opened the program you usually use with elevated rights, and seeing if that perhaps leaves that elevated rights program in the 1 desktop only?

Doing that, if you try to run Dexpot in non-admin, whilst having a admin one running already, then the non admin won't run.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
raiderscrusade said:

Heh, interesting. This actually does work, at least with Visual Studio.

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
redfalcon said:
raiderscrusade said:

Heh, interesting. This actually does work, at least with Visual Studio.

Sweet. It works for numerous programs then, not just the ones I'm using
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-