Hacking Virtual Console Help

priv8dan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I recently installed the homebrew channel with WAD Manager 1.3.... I've also been dying to play Life Force on the Virtual Console! So I managed to get a copy of the Wad file and I installed it using WAD Manager.... it installed and the channel shows up.... but when I start it, the screen goes black and then the wii resets. I've tried loading cIOS36 rev.8 and cIOS37 rev.2... needless to say they didn't work. So for anyone that has gotten Life Force from the VC to work, please please please, let me know what I am suppose to do... TY..

Also, wii's firmware is 3.4U if that helps....

Any help would be muchly appreciated...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
two things can be here (don't have any illegal channel in my menu, so, not sure):

You are in 3.4 and any fake signed code (the .wad file as is not signed with "N" tools) wont run

The .wad file is not region free

Solution - Downgrade to 3.2 using one of several guides around here and check if the .wad if from your region or region free, or simply as buying the title from the WiiShop...!!!
smile.gif

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you want to be a pirate, yarrrr, then best to downgrade as ether says..

softmii your system, or follow one of the stickied guides if you dont want to install cioscorp and preloader...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-