lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I've got a few VR ( 360 ) video files I want to view on my VR headset but I don't have any media player to view them....I've heard the built in media player app will play them but every PKG version I find online is too old or faulty and crashes my PS4...can anyone advise how I view these 360 media video's I just need a media player that works with the headset :)

i'm on the 9.03 firmware using Hen

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone advise a good ( VR ) 360 degree video player for ps4 or does it have to be the built in media player version that I dont' have ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so just an update for this post as quite a few people are viewing it...in the end I gave up trying to view vr video files using the built in media player I tried literally every pkg version on the internet...it was picky beyond believe and errored every time, so to get around this I had to install the RAD TV pkg v2.04 which is available online for anyone who is using a HEN PS4 without access to the PS Store...you do have to pay £4 a month to get your account set up so you can then side load VR videos onto a pen drive ( no more then 1440 res only though ) but after this you should be able to cancel your subscription and block access to the RAD TV servers and you should be left with an offline access to the app and your pen drive VR files....finally VR video happiness :D

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info @lucky13 .:)
I had no idea that Rad v2.04 had been dumped over a year ago.

I can confirm sideloading is also working with a free acount (but with a 2 minute video limit).
Rad TV_20230105063038.pngRad TV_20230105063345.pngRad TV_20230105063122.png

...and that offline mode works when disconnected from the internet.
Rad TV_20230105063019.png

I have discovered something odd/interesting regarding the save file.
If I delete the save file it still works.

If I delete the save and then start the app while offline it still works.
If I delete the save and then start the app while online it still works and has my account details.

I'm pretty sure that the app must be storing some data somewhere on the console and not in the save file as you would think it would.

Another test I did was to log out of my account in the app, disconnect from the internet and delete my save file.
When I started the app the the offline mode was not available anymore.
Rad TV_20230105062157.png

This was expected, but when I restored a backup of my save file backed up from earlier when it was working, offline mode was still not available.

Anyone any idea of what could be happening?

Reactions: KiiWii

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this app can be patched for offline play from the beginning without the need for payment 🤔

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots