Vienna is overrated.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overrated? Can't say I've ever heard any hype for Vienna at all.

I've been to Austria five times, but the only time I've been to Vienna was ironically when I was just on my way to Japan. The airport was god tier though, I enjoyed the three hours I had to spend there.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vienna is one of the only cities in the world with sausage stands.

And yes I did have "Vienna sausage" as you call it at one. they gave me a roll of bread with it and I made a hot dog-sort of thing. The guy looked at me like I belonged in a mental institute
unsure.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Evo.lve said:
Vienna is one of the only cities in the world with sausage stands.
There are a lot of cities in the world with sausage stands, but I suppose the "one of the only" formulation covers that as well. It's just a little misleading.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh the city... I thought he was talking about that Vienna chocolate ice cream you get in the supermarkets... That wavey looking ice cream.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no interest in Austria or Europe in general so I don't really have much of an opinion and I don't really care.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Evo.lve said:
It's boring. And it hits me that concert players earn more money than high-ranked city officials in Vienna for pulling some strings (literally)
Well to be fair their job requires way more skill and education.

But you haven't told us anything yet. Why are/were you in Vienna? Who did you go with? Where did you go? How long did you stay? What did you see? What didn't you see? Vienna has some interesting stuff that's easy to miss if you follow the usual tourist routes that all seem to be designed specifically for elderly couples.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
Evo.lve said:
It's boring. And it hits me that concert players earn more money than high-ranked city officials in Vienna for pulling some strings (literally)
Well to be fair their job requires way more skill and education. true, true

But you haven't told us anything yet. Why are/were you in Vienna? Who did you go with? Where did you go? How long did you stay? What did you see? What didn't you see? Vienna has some interesting stuff that's easy to miss if you follow the usual tourist routes that all seem to be designed specifically for elderly couples.
That was my exact initial qualm with Vienna.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Evo.lve said:
I was with a tour group that was not full of elderly people.
But the tourist guide still took you along the "elderly people" route.

How long did you stay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon