Apple [Video] What Happens When You Delete All System Files on a iPad

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just testing out that brand new 9.3 jailbreak and decided to delete all system files to see how my iPad could take it :^)
Turns out it took it pretty well:

It was easy to restore all my shit back because it allows you to go into DFU to restore from a backup from iTunes.

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed there is a secret partition on iOS devices that has recovery files to prevent idiots from permabricking their devices, and iCloud data is stored here. AKA this is iBoot.

loco365

Trophies
XP
This bootloop is probably worse than an Android bootloop, jeez. It basically is power cycling at this point haha, whereas Android just gets stuck on the boot animation forever (Which does have pros and cons).

Neat.

Reactions: RyDog

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This bootloop is probably worse than an Android bootloop, jeez. It basically is power cycling at this point haha, whereas Android just gets stuck on the boot animation forever (Which does have pros and cons).

Neat.
With Android if something is ever corrupted you could flash a ROM with a custom recovery unlike iOS. If someone ever cracks iBoot then that'd be possible on iOS but it's unlikely anyone will crack iBoot :/

loco365

Trophies
XP
With Android if something is ever corrupted you could flash a ROM with a custom recovery unlike iOS. If someone ever cracks iBoot then that'd be possible on iOS but it's unlikely anyone will crack iBoot :/
Yeah, or if the problem can be remedied over ADB, you can sometimes have ADB access during a bootloop. I've had that happen to me once when I didn't have a custom recovery installed, but I did eventually get ADB to work so that I could grab some important files from the device. It was a pain in the ass though.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of back in the iOS 6 days where I bricked my iPod Touch by accidently deleting some random system files.
Everything worked fine, but then I turned it off, and it never came back on again.
I haven't touched apple since then lol (But not for that reason!)

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of back in the iOS 6 days where I bricked my iPod Touch by accidently deleting some random system files.
Everything worked fine, but then I turned it off, and it never came back on again.
I haven't touched apple since then lol (But not for that reason!)
I did that to my 4th gen too, it scared the hell out of me, and it was all because one file was changed.

Reactions: Seriel

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also turns out that my iPad (even though it's the 16GB version has more like 20-25GB of memory where some is reserved for system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night