video converting auido bit rate

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone snakepliskin here with another question maybe you can help me with. I was wondering is there any way when converting video to ipod or any mp3 player is there a way to increase the volume on the movies like make them more hearing to if thats the word for it because i would like to be able to play em from a portaible speaker because when i am at work a very small gas station in town it gets boring waiting for customers and the boss said i can watch movies listen to music etc so can you help me out with this one i would really appreciate it .

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Even though you're referring to volume, a bitrate tip:

I recommend you use AAC @ 128kbps for stereo sound, 320kbps for 5.1 Surround. If you must use MP3, double those bitrates.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Turn the volume up on the speaker. You're welcome.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As pyromaniac123 said turn up the speakers or get some headphones. There are some relatively cheap speakers that will do quite well for just getting things heard (they will never win fans in the audiophile world but most people can ignore just about everything they say and have life not change a bit) and good headphones that do not cost a packet are not that hard to source either (get some over ear ones and things get better quickly).

If you do want to up the volume and your audio hardware is indeed limited in what it can do (possible if you are still stuck with some of the earlier consumer grade video stuff which is to say most attempts apple made at early and some later video players) you then get to increase volume.
The basic/suggested method is to look for an option somewhere that says "normalise" as this will increase the volume of the selected audio as far as it will go without clipping. Of course depending upon the source this may do little or nothing which leads to the proper audio mixing option or the cop out where you actually increase the volume either leading to clipping in places (usually explosions and similar events) or have it end up sounding like a modern audio CD (everything at the same volume and stuff getting lost in the mix).

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Alot of users just want it for attention tbh
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I know a forum that said if you're good and don't ask you usually get it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    you mean this forum?
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Nah others
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    You know what they say, I want never gets.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Iirc temp usually votes people in or holds an application every once in a blue moon
    +1
    ^ that
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    They're pretty good at hiring the sexy ones
    +1
    Inc. Dinoh
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    550k members and only about a dozen staff they hold their own pretty well
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Stupid region locked digital keys are the dumbest thing next gen consoles have come up with
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    @DinohScene, that Xbox code ever work?
    +1
    yeh it was the PC version of 76
    +1
    regardless, the hubby took it : D
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    lawl the site said xbox
    +1
    Was given a PC Game Pass key for free on Temp, didn't work because region locking. :(
    Or as I like to call it, RACISM.
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Now for someone to hack that thing and make pixel pr0n
    +1
    It maybe possible.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Will be perfect for onlyfans links
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Gamers: I bet your 4k oled ain't a jump rop
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    No, but I can take my OLED jump rope for a 4k
  • Shape @ Shape:
    That's a race.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Someone needs to take over a hundred or two of my Facebook girls lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Someone needs to take over a hundred or two of my Facebook girls lol