QUOTE said:
Manhunt after cat tortured

By Karen Collier and Mark Dunn

December 12, 2007 11:16am
Article from: Herald Sun

* Cat sexually abused, set alight
* Fears culprit will seek "bigger thrills"
* Abuser may have also bashed rabbit to death

A PERSON who tortured, sexually abused and set alight a defenceless cat may have also bashed a pet rabbit to death, authorities said today.

The RSPCA and police are investigating the attacks on the animals, which came within days last week in Berwick, Victoria.

They fear the culprit will seek "bigger thrills" unless caught.

The distraught owner of the friendly cat said the offender was the "lowest form of life on this planet" who should rot in jail.

Kate Arnol was forced to put down her beloved cat Bullet because of the shocking injuries he suffered after being snatched from near his home.

Ms Arnol said the cat was crying in excruciating pain, had a dislocated tail and did not recognise her when she decided to end his suffering.

She was shocked to be told by the vet that it was suspected her pet was sexually assaulted.

The case came just two days after a pet rabbit was reported bashed to death in a backyard nearby.

Authorities are investigating links between the crimes.

Ms Arnol said anyone prepared to treat an animal in such a way was a threat to the community and the "lowest form of life on this planet".

"What frightens me the most is how anyone could intentionally and methodically inflict pain on a defenceless, living creature," Ms Arnol said.

"The police were informed by the emergency centre ... it's very serious, I hope whoever is responsible is caught so it doesn't happen again.

"It just makes me sick."

Hallam Animal Emergency Centre senior vet Joanne Gill said the cat was found after midnight Friday in Berwick.

He had been singed down one side.

A microchip enabled them to contact the owner and the animal was euthanased on Saturday.

Ms Gill said it was not the first time she had seen an animal subjected to a sexual assault.

"It was just terrible, it's one of the more serious cases of intentional cruelty I have seen," Ms Gill said.

RSPCA investigator Greg Boland said the case was a gross example of animal cruelty that could attract penalties of 12 months' jail or a $12,000 fine.

"We've previously worked with police on cases involving bestiality, thankfully it's a rare occurrence but it does happen from time to time," Mr Boland said.

Disgusting
frown.gif
this dude should be locked up. The next step after animal abuse is often human abuse/rape/murder

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

WTF??!! At first I thought this was a joke, seeing it was in the Testing Area but after reading your replies I'm shocked!

This is disgusting. I don't know what to say...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason I came here expecting to see a clip from a 1900's newspaper.

Still hurting animals is not OK by me, I find it hard to believe this is the first case though.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"looking for love in all the wrong places" etc etc
Guy was a little too hard up for some pussy?
tongue.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist - it's such a depressing topic to find here so close to the holidays I felt it needed some lightening up. Wonder if that makes me as sick as the jerk this topic is about...?

We have 3 cats and they are like family, not only is it horrendous someone would do something like this to an animal, but it's someones friend and family
frown.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think jail is too kind for someone who would do something like that. I think he should get what he gave.

So.. send him to jail. Let the raper be the rapee.
but before that, we need to catch him on fire and bash his head in. He needs EVERYTHING he gave

And I cant believe that he would only get 12 months in jail...
12 months is far more than enough time to get raped and attacked in jail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0