Hardware Very loud crackling noises on 3ds' microphone

tobi2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yesterday I wanted to listen to music with my 3ds when I noticed that the amplitude on the beginning screen was going up and down but it was totally quiet in the room.
So I checked out the recording of the microphone and it was full of very loud crackling noises but you can hear your voice a bit lower. The crackling sounds like a radio turned on but with no station tuned in.
Also the system setting's microphone test brought up a half filled up to a full filled bar when it was quiet.
I think it's time for warranty, isn't it?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your house is haunted and you're receiving an EMF message,
Tested it on different locations everywhere the same, but this crackling doesn't exist a week ago :P

Did you do anything to your unit since it began making this crackling noise, like accidentally knocking it against something? Maybe some of the wiring got messed up inside. Probably have to take it in for repairs, yes?

tobi2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you do anything to your unit since it began making this crackling noise, like accidentally knocking it against something? Maybe some of the wiring got messed up inside. Probably have to take it in for repairs, yes?
I will never get the idea to smash it against something :lol: and I have a special bag for it to protect it.
I think I have to take it for repairs and that the wires got messed up because it's like the wires haven't the full contact.
For games like "Heroes of Ruin" I will need the mic and in some games it can accidently cause doing some stupid things :( .
Maybe I blowed the wires away from contact, nyaa I was joking... :lol:

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will never get the idea to smash it against something :lol: and I have a special bag for it to protect it.
I think I have to take it for repairs and that the wires got messed up because it's like the wires haven't the full contact.
For games like "Heroes of Ruin" I will need the mic and in some games it can accidently cause doing some stupid things :( .
Maybe I blowed the wires away from contact, nyaa I was joking... :lol:
If you're worried about voice chat, I would just get the headset that's coming out, and problem solved.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
you probably didn't notice, but i'm betting liquid got in the mic hole. that crackling noise is EXACTLY the same symptom i get on my DSiXL, which for some stupid reason i spilled Sprite on. and carbonated drinks are VERY BAD for electronic contacts and are known to really cause damage. i'm just glad my DSiXL isn't dead, but mic pretty much is (even headset w/ mic get crackling noises). I'd send it to Nintendo but it's overseas and it's past warranty anyways. plus the damage wouldn't be covered so...

anyways, yeah, i think liquid got in on your mic. i dunno if Nintendo covers liquid damage, but if it is their techs will know, so don't expect a free replacement or free repair. they could bill you or something.

tobi2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't tilt any liquids over it or in it. It can be my own spittle by using the mic...
But well, I sent it in today. :lol:
Edit: When Nintendo doesn't want to repair it because of warranty, the repair can cost from 50 up to 110 euros -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo