Hacking VC and Wii Ware not working with SD channel...

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
Just trust me, Install a patched IOS60 from DOP IOS then install preloader again.

Well I ran Ocarina with a GC disk in and bricked.
So I restored my NAND and now I have to reinstall everything anyway n_n.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
nihon6 said:
PabloACZ said:
nihon6 said:
I'm having a very similar problem.

I'm on a soft-modded 4.1U Wii and have Bootmii as Boot2 and PreLoader as well (which means that I already have patched IOS60).

I have moved the Nintendo channel, vote channel, and Check Mii out channel to the SD Card Menu ( Check Mii Out is the only one working without wfc24 on. I'd love any help or knowledge pertaining to getting around the WFC24 error as I've read multiple times that having it enabled on a soft-modded Wii is dangerous.)

I also have moved a number of Wiiware games and VC games to the SD Card Menu to conserve Wii disk space for channels and games that I frequent.

The Wii Channels actually load the only problem with them is the WFC24 problem. The Wiiware games and VC games, however, go to the launching screen and without any progress give the message failed to launch.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Just use Dop-IOS to install a trucha bugged version of the IOS 60.

I already have a trucha bugged IOS60 because I installed PreLoader.
I can run VC and Wiiware off of the System Menu but not my SD Card Menu.

QUOTE(dai-a @ Oct 24 2009, 04:39 PM)
Just use DOP IOS to download and install IOS60 and Sig hash check it.

So you can run VC games.

I already have a trucha bugged IOS60 because I installed PreLoader.
I can run VC and Wiiware off of the System Menu but not my SD Card Menu.

Preloader applies ONLY the ES_Identify patch, not the Sign Hask Check a.k.a. trucha bug.

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

Preloader applies ONLY the ES_Identify patch, not the Sign Hask Check a.k.a. trucha bug.
[/quote]

Oh, okay. Thanks
biggrin.gif

How was I able to play VC and Wiiware on the System Menu without the Sig Hash though?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
nihon6 said:
How was I able to play VC and Wiiware on the System Menu without the Sig Hash though?

Because the NAND channel loading doesn't need it. It's the SD loading the very one that needs it. Otherwise, well, you know, the loading error will appear. This is because the System Menu will verify that any ticket is OK and isn't pirated. If it is, the error shows up.

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
nihon6 said:

Because the NAND channel loading doesn't need it. It's the SD loading the very one that needs it. Otherwise, well, you know, the loading error will appear. This is because the System Menu will verify that any ticket is OK and isn't pirated. If it is, the error shows up.

Ahh, I see what you mean. Thanks again n_n

Now I just have to reapply cOIS, cMIOS, preloader, etc..
unsure.gif

I really need to start naming my nand backups so I know what I have to reinstall...

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... Another problem had presented itself....

My disc channel won't read my SSBM ( A GC disc ) But GC Backup Launcher does. ( After giving me "failed to read dvd 263")
It will, however read SSBB ( Wii disc ).

Is my DVD Drive shitting out or does this have something to do with Wiigator Backup launcher and cMIOS?

EDIT: Now, without cMIOS, and a couple PreLoader hacks, the gc disc is loaded when system menu loads up but every now and then I get a black screen telling me there was an error concerning the disc and that I have to eject and restart.

I've never been more confused with my wii.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
nihon6 said:

My disc channel won't read my SSBM ( A GC disc ) But GC Backup Launcher does. ( After giving me "failed to read dvd 263")

Is my DVD Drive shitting out or does this have something to do with Wiigator Backup launcher and cMIOS?

EDIT: Now, without cMIOS, and a couple PreLoader hacks, the gc disc is loaded when system menu loads up but every now and then I get a black screen telling me there was an error concerning the disc and that I have to eject and restart.

I think is a cMIOS problem. To my knowledge, the MIOS is the only title used to load GCN games (besides the "BC" title). Haven't you tried to install an unpatched version of the MIOS, or the BC?

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, now, every time I install a fake-signed IOS60 with DOP-IOS it gives me the corrupt system files message and I have to restore my NAND.

Halp?

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
nihon6 said:

I think is a cMIOS problem. To my knowledge, the MIOS is the only title used to load GCN games (besides the "BC" title). Haven't you tried to install an unpatched version of the MIOS, or the BC?

QUOTE(dai-a @ Oct 25 2009, 12:22 AM)
cMIOS is old. You should run MIOSpatcher :V and of course patch it to v8

I have the Wiiware+VC problem fixed now and before that my disc channel would read my GC disc and now, after installing some wads and patching IOS60, the disc channel won't read the GC disc.

Note: I haven't even ran miospatcher yet.

Halp? And sorry for being such a pest.
frown.gif

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Check if you have preloader to run under system menu IOS 60 or check if the system menu hack(In preloader) Force games to run under 249 is disabled.

Then install a fresh MIOSv10 and the newest BC(I think it's 6?) Anyways just get that MIOS and BC from NUS downloader, and install via Wad manager.

Unless if you want to run Gamecube backups then just get MIOSPATCHER and choose to allow wii back up launching and patch it to v8. (You will need internet for this)

EDIT: Try unchecking Region Free Wii games and Gamecube games and Force wii region from Preloader Hacks also

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
Check if you have preloader to run under system menu IOS 60 or check if the system menu hack(In preloader) Force games to run under 249 is disabled.

Then install a fresh MIOSv10 and the newest BC(I think it's 6?) Anyways just get that MIOS and BC from NUS downloader, and install via Wad manager.

Unless if you want to run Gamecube backups then just get MIOSPATCHER and choose to allow wii back up launching and patch it to v8. (You will need internet for this)

EDIT: Try unchecking Region Free Wii games and Gamecube games and Force wii region from Preloader Hacks also

It says in the bottom corner of PreLoader

IOS v60
Systemmenu v449

Force games to 249 is Disabled

I want to be able to play backups but I want to make a restore point without a patched MIOS so I'll install the latest MIOS . What is BC though?

The only Systemmenu hacks I have enabled are Replace Health Screen with Backmenu and Move Disc Channel.

EDIT: I noticed that when I load system menu the opening tune gets cut off. So I ejected the GC disc, put it back in, and it loaded.
I did this after turning off some PreLoader hacks though; and before I did that I tried the said process with no avail (the drive would make the first few clicks and then stop). So I tried it again and it's still working. I'm going to play around with the hacks to see which is messing with the drive.

Once I get this sorted out I'm going to backup my nand and patch the MIOS

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I'm pretty sure I had it off, I must have had the Stop Disc option on because toggling it on and off will determine if the Drive keeps running through boot and whether or not it will read it if another disc is inserted.

Looks like my problem is solved... (for now lol) but I still have to patch the mios n_n.

One last thing, is there an actual update to PreLoader v.30? Only v.29 is on Wiibrew and every time I try to install via PreLoader it seems to hang endlessly.
Is there even a changelog out?

Once again thanks to all who helped, especially dai-a, and I apologize for my scrubbiness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?