Homebrew VBA-GX 3rd party classic controller DOL

henkp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After buying a 3rd party classic controller from dealextreme, I found out it didn't work with homebrew at all. While browsing for a fixed dol, I found out the problem is based in libogc, and a modification there is required. After that, I had to compile VBA-GX myself again. Desperately, I tried the compiling myself, and behold, it works!

While I couldn't find a precompiled dol I took the liberty of creating one latest svn as of january 7 to save everybody with the same problem an evening of searching/compiling by posting the resulting DOL in the downloads-section here. Of Course, credits go out to all the original writers!

Link to FileTrip-storage:
Download here!

henkp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, fix is universal because I have not entered any specific data regarding my own controller. It's a modification of libogc, involving only the removal of a nintendo-peripheral-specific handshake.

Have fun!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
why not sharing your libogc modification so that it can benefits to all developpers ? Does not seems the right way to go imo, your version is gonna be outdated soon

remember, this is all about open-source spirit (and I'm pretty sure the GPL license forces you to release your source when you modify something and recompile it)

henkp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh sorry, I never intended to 'secrify' the job. It's all on the web already. I removed a couple of lines from classic.c in the libogc/wiiuse-directory. Attached!

Here!

rorymullan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm this working with a cheap controller from deal extreme. Im gunna try compiling now with Genesis plus GX. Ill upload here if Im sucessfull.

mstanka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thanks for this file... however...

It works, except for a couple of minor issues as follows:

Compared to the current release of VBAGX the network load is alot slower.
Also, when I try to run specificly Zelda The Minish Cap and Zelda LoTP I get the error that the save file is corupt.

If I use the current VBAGX both of these issues are not present, but my Nyko Classic Controller also does not work.

Any advise for these issues?

Thanks.

Michael.

mstanka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to recompile thes, but just ran into problems. Not sure were to put the "classic.c" file.

I installed the Prokitdev program, was able to successfully downloaded the svn, tried to run the "makefile" but received errors that directories were not there and several other errors.

Anyone able to help me with this? Possible recompile this for me?

Thanks

Michael.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
classic.c is in libogc source, NOT the emulator source
you need to dowload libogc source as well (there is a svn for that too) and recompile it with the changes to classic.c
to compile libogc, type make then make install
finally, recompile the emulator source as well, if you get compiling errors, give us the EXACT error messages if you want help.
good luck

cheezwiz789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity...

Is there a reason why this fix isn't a part of the official release?

I am going to try a recompile of the latest libogc and vbagx with the above fix later, and I will post any questions I have here if I run into problems.

Edit:

I got the latest devkitpro from svn, compiled it, edited the classic.c per above, compiled libogc, got the ported libraries from here all set up in devkitpro, got the latest vbagx from svn... and attempted to compile it.

here is the error that I get:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/home/thayne/devkitPro/vba-wii-read-only/source/ngc/utils/ehcmodule.elf.o', needed by `/home/thayne/devkitPro/vba-wii-read-only/executables/vbagx_wii.elf'. Stop.

I have limited knowledge of compiling stuff, so I am not sure what to do about this...

Edit:

ok, I used the ehcmodule.elf.o file from the mplayer-ce svn...
I dunno if that's what I was supposed to have done, but it seemed to work.... sorta.
My cheapo 3rd party classic controller still refuses to work, but my dreamgear shadow works perfectly!
now to see if the same can be done for snes9xgx...

thatguy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks bro
biggrin.gif

OuKKaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Please someone help me, i added the following code to the io.c
printf("WIIUSE EXP_ID: %x\n",id);
then i compiled libogc and compiled the example of devkit to make a hello world then i plug in my classic controller to get the ID and it says the ID is 0, then i plug in the nunchuk and it says the id is a4200000. Can somebody explain me why it doesn't show me the id of my classic controller pro but i does show me the id of the nunchuk. Do i have to do an extra step o something to get the ID??

BTW the Classic Controller i bought is this one
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32488

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright